diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

One could easily fit 32 cells per shelf and have room for retention / compression on the end.
I'd absolutely add a sheet of 3/4 plywood to the bottom.

Ps it's $240 if you have access to whirlpool inside pass...

One could easily fit 32 cells per shelf and have room for retention / compression on the end.
I'd absolutely add a sheet of 3/4 plywood to the bottom.

Ps it's $240 if you have access to whirlpool inside pass...
Yes thar shelf will work for 1x16 stack, the dewalt will do 18x48 will do 2x8 side by side and may do another 2x8, for $199. Same type of assembly, board vs wire shelf, mine holds 2x Trophy and 2x EEL 280Ah.

Freaking FedEx... My 5th box went from GA to PA (around 40 miles from my house) to TX. ? I can't do much with 13 cells for my 48v system.

I'm still waiting for my Seplos vertical cases to show up. They haven't even left China yet ?
I guess it gives me enough time to slowly top balance all these cells

I’m pulling a @Quattrohead. Cells here, boxes here, BMS nowhere to be found and no tracking and haven’t heard back from Howard

I’m itching to play with these cells but didn’t have time last weekend. Hoping I can tackle them this one upcoming

Just getting the cells up to a higher state of charge with a 12v charger before putting them in 16p configuration for top balancing with a dc power supply. Then they'll go into the box in 16s configuration with a jk bms.

Just getting the cells up to a higher state of charge with a 12v charger before putting them in 16p configuration for top balancing with a dc power supply. Then they'll go into the box in 16s configuration with a jk bms.
Seriously you are wasting your time, build the battery and put her in service. Let the BMS take care of it for you.

Is there any value in getting the cells closer to the SOC of the existing batteries before putting them into service?

Looks to me like you are asking for trouble. No BMS and no voltage limit. If that battery charger was to go over 14.5V (and many lead acid smart chargers will to desulfate) then you will be over 3.65V per cell.

I'd build the pack and use the BMS, charge to about 3.45V per cell and allow balancing to occur. Use the battery as intended and let cells balance. If the cells seem to not balance well, I've used 10AWG wire with ring terminals after removing the busbars to parallel balance cells without taking a pack apart that I have in compression. I have enough 10AWG leads to do 16 cells at one time and use a power supply to charge cells in parallel. Voltage can be whatever you decide, 3.45V, 3.5V or even 3.65V and let the cells charge to that voltage until amps drop below 0A. Then install the busbars and use the battery.

I purchased 16 of these envision cells. I have been taking the time to test each cell individually and none of the cells have tested at 305AH or better. The average is 300AH most are just over 300. 3 have been just under at 299.x

I am satisfied with the price to performance. But think they should pull back on their advertised capacity a bit.

Also wanted to include that there is noticable swelling of all the cells. I wouldn't purchase these for systems requiring exact dimensions for a case.

Last edited:
I purchased 16 of these envision cells. I have been taking the time to test each cell individually and none of the cells have tested at 305AH or better. The average is 300AH most are just over 300. 3 have been just under at 299.x

I am satisfied with the price to performance. But think they should pull back on their advertised capacity a bit.

Also wanted to include that there is noticable swelling of all the cells. I wouldn't purchase these for systems requiring exact dimensions for a case.
Agreed on the swelling. There’s varying degree of swelling on all the cells, but nothing seems to bad. I capacity tested only 4 of my 33 cells and they tested approximately 301, 301, 303 and 308Ah. I have top balanced all of them to 3.62V and so far they have been holding voltage within 20mV of each other.

Back