diy solar

diy solar

DIY solar installation in Spain

Ruff Rider

I'm moving from Belgium to Spain. I already installed a lot of solar systems in Belgium. From what I've been told it's not allowed to do the installation your self in Spain and you need a certified installer do do the job.
Does anyone have experience with this? Can I get a local certified electrician to approve the system?

Regards,
Willy

I'm moving from Belgium to Spain. I already installed a lot of solar systems in Belgium. From what I've been told it's not allowed to do the installation your self in Spain and you need a certified installer do do the job.
Does anyone have experience with this? Can I get a local certified electrician to approve the system?

Regards,
Willy
Dunno Spain but I would not expect a local electrician to accept responsibility for someone else's system, especially if he didn't design it.
Then there's fire risk and insurance.

The only time you need approval here are if you will be selling back to the grid.
For off-grid install nope.
If you have a short distance to neighbors (houses in a row etc.) I would send out a normal written info sheet and tell them you will be installing panels.
Also, some isolated closed communities can have panel restrictions.
Check local rules.

I live out in the campo so nothing here.

Back