diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

I did the RS485 update and the new firmware shows on the powerpro display. Any idea why the battery is not communicating with the 18kPV anymore?

1708703464309.png

Yes, they were changed when the update happened. Switched it back and all is well. Is the RS232 update necessary? I see it only changes heater logic. I live in a climate where it doesn't get that cold.

Ok I have updated firmware on my 18K-PV to fAAB-1818 and my two PowerPro Batteries are on z02t17. Before these updates I was having a problem with my batteries only discharging to 26% even though I have it set to 6%. Now with the update it’s only discharging to 29%.

I currently have no solar panels hooked up and am only using AC charging. I am attaching my settings.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpeg
    IMG_5152.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5154.jpeg
    IMG_5154.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5155.jpeg
    IMG_5155.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 4
Ok I have updated firmware on my 18K-PV to fAAB-1818 and my two PowerPro Batteries are on z02t17. Before these updates I was having a problem with my batteries only discharging to 26% even though I have it set to 6%. Now with the update it’s only discharging to 29%.

I currently have no solar panels hooked up and am only using AC charging. I am attaching my settings.

Is RS485 or CAN communication being used?

Is RS485 or CAN communication being used?
I have both my RS485 and my CAN settings to EG4/LUX....will that default to CAN, or should I change my RS485 to an incorrect setting to "force" it to use CAN?

Just a bit confused on how to properly set this up for CAN.

I have both my RS485 and my CAN settings to EG4/LUX....will that default to CAN, or should I change my RS485 to an incorrect setting to "force" it to use CAN?

Just a bit confused on how to properly set this up for CAN.

It would be easiest to change the RS485 protocol to the wrong protocol for CAN to be the ensured form of communication.

So.... my firmware on my Powerpro is Z02T13 ..... does this have the "new" heater logic already ?

According to EG4, these are the most up-to-date versions of the Powerpro firmware.

PowerPro RS485 Firmware:Z02T17
PowerPro RS232 Firmware: S02T09

Is it possible to update the PowerPro firmware on a Macbook? Also is there a changelog or record of what has changed with the updates so I can determine if I should put in the effort to update sooner rather than later? Im running Z02T13 which came installed from the factory and I haven't had any issues with the batteries.

Windoze only unfortunately, should work under a Windows emulator (Parallels, VMware Fusion, BootCamp, etc) but those are a lot of work for a rare event. I’m probably going to drag a Win10 Intel NUC down to the garage with a keyboard, monitor, mouse when I set up my ESS.

Is it possible to update the PowerPro firmware on a Macbook? Also is there a changelog or record of what has changed with the updates so I can determine if I should put in the effort to update sooner rather than later? Im running Z02T13 which came installed from the factory and I haven't had any issues with the batteries.

Unfortunately, I currently only have the changelog for the RS232 part of the firmware update which should already be present on your battery since it is on Z02T13. Also, while you can monitor your battery through BMS Tools with macOS, the update application currently only supports windows.

Attachments

• PowerPro 280ah 51.2V Changelog for heater logic.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
Back