diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

What firmware versions on required on the PowerPro and 18Kpv to enable the additional battery details in the monitoring portal? I update the inverter to 1919 and the batteries are on Z02T17, but no sign of the battery details in the portal. Comms are set to RS485:p01-EG4 and CAN:EG4-LUX

What firmware versions on required on the PowerPro and 18Kpv to enable the additional battery details in the monitoring portal? I update the inverter to 1919 and the batteries are on Z02T17, but no sign of the battery details in the portal. Comms are set to RS485:p01-EG4 and CAN:EG4-LUX
I was told to set the lithium brand to 1 on the inverter (in advanced settings) and that seemed to do the trick. Originally I had it set to 0.

I just brought online a new 18KPV and two PowerPro wall mount batteries. I also experienced *very* inconsistent support from SS (over 10+ separate calls with technical support). Every person I talked to had a different understanding, explanation and advice about updating battery firmware, battery voltages, programming, working modes, etc. Both USB cables were missing. Someone said they would send me both. Only one RS485 showed up. Had to call again to have the RS232 one shipped, arriving Monday. I was able to upgrade the RS485 so BMS is Z02T17 and LCD is V1.1.0. Hope to upgrade RS232 on Monday.

Battery communications had failed so someone recommended switching protocols, so now they're set to RS485: P01-EG4, and CAN: P07-LUX. Do these seem like the correct settings?

My RSD does not shutdown the batteries which it should according to manual and only *some* SS technical support staff. It's required to demo to the local electrical inspector to close out my permit. Someone said the 2nd part of the 'heater' RS232 firmware update also corrects the RSD functionality, but it's not documented anywhere! Can anyone confirm if they're RSD button on the 18kPV will shutdown their batteries? Why doesn't EG4 provide firmware detailed documentation, exactly what is changed, and include dates and version numbers in the bin/hex files?

I recently talked with an EG4 technical support, and although very pleasant and trying to be helpful, they didn't have the experience or training to do much other than put me on hold, and talk to the boss or the boss's boss (likely CTO). I will mention that everyone at EG4/SS has been pleasant, means well, and trying to be helpful, however it's clear they're hiring a lot of new people, and few of them have worked with power systems, software, or firmware related products. SS and EG4 really need to hire an experience documentation engineer to improve communication with distributors and end-user customers.

I just brought online a new 18KPV and two PowerPro wall mount batteries. I also experienced *very* inconsistent support from SS (over 10+ separate calls with technical support). Every person I talked to had a different understanding, explanation and advice about updating battery firmware, battery voltages, programming, working modes, etc. Both USB cables were missing. Someone said they would send me both. Only one RS485 showed up. Had to call again to have the RS232 one shipped, arriving Monday. I was able to upgrade the RS485 so BMS is Z02T17 and LCD is V1.1.0. Hope to upgrade RS232 on Monday.

Battery communications had failed so someone recommended switching protocols, so now they're set to RS485: P01-EG4, and CAN: P07-LUX. Do these seem like the correct settings?

My RSD does not shutdown the batteries which it should according to manual and only *some* SS technical support staff. It's required to demo to the local electrical inspector to close out my permit. Someone said the 2nd part of the 'heater' RS232 firmware update also corrects the RSD functionality, but it's not documented anywhere! Can anyone confirm if they're RSD button on the 18kPV will shutdown their batteries? Why doesn't EG4 provide firmware detailed documentation, exactly what is changed, and include dates and version numbers in the bin/hex files?

I recently talked with an EG4 technical support, and although very pleasant and trying to be helpful, they didn't have the experience or training to do much other than put me on hold, and talk to the boss or the boss's boss (likely CTO). I will mention that everyone at EG4/SS has been pleasant, means well, and trying to be helpful, however it's clear they're hiring a lot of new people, and few of them have worked with power systems, software, or firmware related products. SS and EG4 really need to hire an experience documentation engineer to improve communication with distributors and end-user customers.
Hi! I’m so sorry you’ve had trouble getting the answers you need! If you’d like to reach out to me directly at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I can get you connected and your issue escalated to be taken care of!

I can confirm it works 100%, just passed inspection with it.
When you hit the RSD button what happens, does the inverter switch off but you don't get the battery breaker switching off?

I would recommend changing the RS485 protocol to a different protocol and having the CAN set to EG4/LUX. This would ensure that CAN protocol is being used while having BMS communication with your inverter. With CAN EG4/LUX, I would set the Lithium Brand to "1." This will give you additional battery information available on the monitoring system. As for the RS232 update, the changelog can be found in the firmware file. However, the following changes were made:

PowerPro 280ah 51.2V changelog for heater Logic● Currently on this firmware (S02T09) the new heater logic is whenever all (4) temperature sensors 1-4 reach below 0C the heater will turn on and draw a 4-amp discharge until all (4) temperature sensors 1-4reach 6C the heater will power off. The heater will not function at10% SOC or below

The RS232 update should not be needed for the RSD. However, if after the recommended changes have been made and the RSD does not still function, please let me know.

I would recommend changing the RS485 protocol to a different protocol and having the CAN set to EG4/LUX. This would ensure that CAN protocol is being used while having BMS communication with your inverter. With CAN EG4/LUX, I would set the Lithium Brand to "1." This will give you additional battery information available on the monitoring system. As for the RS232 update, the changelog can be found in the firmware file. However, the following changes were made:

PowerPro 280ah 51.2V changelog for heater Logic● Currently on this firmware (S02T09) the new heater logic is whenever all (4) temperature sensors 1-4 reach below 0C the heater will turn on and draw a 4-amp discharge until all (4) temperature sensors 1-4reach 6C the heater will power off. The heater will not function at10% SOC or below

The RS232 update should not be needed for the RSD. However, if after the recommended changes have been made and the RSD does not still function, please let me know.
Just to confirm this, instead of lithium brand 0:eg4, you recommend 1?

I'm using the CAN protocol with the EG4 powerpro.

What additional information do I get?

With Lithium Brand 1 and the WallMount set to CAN EG4/LUX on Z02T17 or newer, you should expect to see the following information on the monitoring system.

1715096930146.png

1715096946947.png

I believe only on the web interface at this time.
I'll make sure I don't have something wrong with my settings when I get home, but I'm 90% sure I have T17, I know I'm using the CAN connection, I've updated the heater logic, and I'm now using Lithium Brand #1. LCD version #14.

I'll report in if I have something incorrect. Maybe an update hasn't rolled out yet?

I will be looking into this; do you have a straight through ethernet cable to try for the BMS communication cable to the invert

Straight through meaning a standard Ethernet cable? I have a box of a million standard cables.

I can also make whatever cable needed.

Standard ethernet cat5/5e/6.
I'm 95% sure I'm already using a standard cable because I needed a little more length to reach the inverter. I can confirm when I get home but I don't think that is the answer in my case

Back