diy solar

diy solar

Firefly oasis batteries.

Chorniak1

Would love to find a way to get these. As I am sailing in cold climates which are frequently below freezing the lithium option is not going to work for me. This looks like a good way to go for me and wondering if anyone has other suggestions that are better.

Would love to find a way to get these.

I saw them for sale online just today (can't remember where but I just googled firefly battery). I think they were ~500 per 100 Ah, not sure about shipping

As I am sailing in cold climates which are frequently below freezing the lithium option is not going to work for me. This looks like a good way to go for me and wondering if anyone has other suggestions that are better.

If you do look into lifepo4, check out Winston / Thundersky, they are supposed to have somewhat better cold weather performance. Technically they are LiFeYPO4 and the Y is supposed to help in cold conditions. If you used a decent BMS with low temp disconnect, and a small heating element hooked up to a thermostat or kept your batteries in the cabin, this would probably be your best bet with lithium.

Back