diy solar

diy solar

Idea I had this morning with wifi power strip I converted with Tasmota flash..

Mart Hale

So I had an idea this morning, now that I have converted this power strip to a wifi power strip I can turn on per plug, I will turn on two of the power strips when battery reaches 70 percent of charge, Then when it reaches 90 percent of charge I will turn on the other two. So I can run lower wattage loads at different power levels of the battery. Each plug has it's own led so I can look at the strip and know state of charge of the battery.

Attachments

• Settings - no button.png
    Settings - no button.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 21
how are you getting your readings and what are you doing to trigger the different outputs?

something else I could see is using a sonoff to trigger a contractor/relay/transfer switch. kicking on different elements in a water heating situation, blah blah.

I have a few wifi outlets I need to figure out something to do with.

So I had an idea this morning, now that I have converted this power strip to a wifi power strip I can turn on per plug, I will turn on two of the power strips when battery reaches 70 percent of charge, Then when it reaches 90 percent of charge I will turn on the other two. So I can run lower wattage loads at different power levels of the battery. Each plug has it's own led so I can look at the strip and know state of charge of the battery.
Link to the strip?

how are you getting your readings and what are you doing to trigger the different outputs?

something else I could see is using a sonoff to trigger a contractor/relay/transfer switch. kicking on different elements in a water heating situation, blah blah.

I have a few wifi outlets I need to figure out something to do with.

I built my own wifi voltage monitor, I made a video of the process I used to built it ->

Look in the video description for links.

In this video I describe Domoticz ( open source program I run off my raspberry pi ( min computer ). It is this program that I use to set timers and do logic based upon battery voltage. I have triggers set to shut off everything if battery gets low on cloudy days.

I re flashed the rom on the out let using this method ->

I saw that this monring on SLICKDEALS.COM and it had a Amazon link .. I can't find it now ... but check amazon ... it was on sale for a good chunk ...

This is the $20.00 one I modified. It is tricky as you have to unsolder a capacitor to get in and solder to the esp8266 chips wires to each lead, but on my second power strip I got it right and I ordered two more as I will automate more.

Then don't go. I don't watch Alex Jones either. You can choose not to watch the video as well. your choice.

Back