diy solar

diy solar

Justifying new tools for the solar Off Gridder.

It was nice to get the recent cool down so I could test out the Baby Ex. I have some modifications I intend to do. I am going to remove the bolt on bucket teeth and weld on the replaceable pin style ones. The side cutters I am also going to weld in place after grinding an angle on the face for better root cutting. My overall observation is the machine is usable but it by no means equivalent of a name brand excavator.

I leave with a few photos of my first trench filled with rock and covered with a soil barrier. The last photo is the beginning of fill of the second lateral line that I will finish in the cool of tomorrow morning. It is back to hot weather where I live. Back to being stuck in A/C. Lucky much of that is now provided by Solar power.

Attachments

• P4210035.JPG
    P4210035.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 9
I don't know whether to be envious of your new toy, or glad it's not me out in the heat doing the work. We had a high of 68F here in Maine yesterday, but it might hit 80F today, then back down to the 70s for the next 10 days. We forget about all the problems people have with heat. But we'll have enough to deal with when the snow flies in a few months... Anyway, enjoying seeing you use the new toy productively, and hope the mods on it go well. Stay hydrated!

Luckily I am done for now since this morning the temperature is already 80F at 7:30am. The rest of the day is going to be brutal with forecast to reach triple digits and high humidity. Hate to be stuck indoors all day but that kind of heat at my age is dangerous.

Attachments

• P1010043.JPG
    P1010043.JPG
    685.5 KB · Views: 4
Luckily I am done for now since this morning the temperature is already 80F at 7:30am. The rest of the day is going to be brutal with forecast to reach triple digits and high humidity. Hate to be stuck indoors all day but that kind of heat at my age is dangerous.
I flat out have to bail when it gets real hot and humid since getting older. Just can't handle it anymore. Wise move holing up when it climbs like that.

Back