diy solar

diy solar

LuxPower 12K hybrid inverter Question

Sticky1

When there is sun all day the inverter will take power from the pv and charge the batteries. When there isn't any sun the batteries wont charge.
So the questions are:

1. isn't the inverter suppose to charge batteries from the grid if the pv doesn't get sun?

2, if the program is set to ac charge between x hour and x hour; it will charge the batteries; however i want the pv to charge the batteries all the time first then if the pv is out then charge from the grid.

Is there a setting that will allow the batteries to charge all the time with pv and when there isn't any sun charge from grid...? I thought the software was set up automatically to charge pv then grid

Thanks

Last edited:
Set the ac charge to charge based on SOC. That would then charge from ac when it’s cloudy etc and the batteries run down.

i want the pv to charge the batteries all the time first then if the pv is out then charge from the grid.
The PV is out at night, so you need a few more logic statements. These AIO inverters can do what you want, but you need a good grasp of what you want and an understanding of how all the relevant settings work.
Or ask here, but expect some feedback till you get your specification nailed down. 🤓

Not a problem. I shall be more concise.

Set the ac charge to charge based on SOC. That would then charge from ac when it’s cloudy etc and the batteries run down.
If i set to soc won't i loose comms between the inverter and batteries? Something to try; thanks

Not a problem. I shall be more concise.

If i set to soc won't i loose comms between the inverter and batteries? Something to try; thanks
You can use soc or volt to set it. And no it won’t interrupt comms.
If you are using soc in your other settings then just keep using soc.

IMG_2497.jpeg

The PV is out at night, so you need a few more logic statements. These AIO inverters can do what you want, but you need a good grasp of what you want and an understanding of how all the relevant settings work.
Or ask here, but expect some feedback till you get your specification nailed down. 🤓
To your point; i am trying to figure out what this lux 12k will do. I was under the impression the 12k was suppose charge the batteries from pv first. If the pv is down, then charge from grid. From time to time i see the batteries being charged from the grid and pv at the same time. There was plenty of Florida sunshine and a load of 800 watts. The grid should not have been charging at that point.

It will do whatever you want it to do. It’s VERY configurable.
Maybe decide first exactly what you want it to do and then take some pictures of the settings that you have currently.

Back