diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

Doesn't matter before or after if you turn off the breaker before replacing the fuse.

:ROFLMAO:
Well i break the connection to the main positive before the fuse if not you always have power to the fuse, I would rather not have all that potential when using wrenches to change the fuse.

It is mounted really tight inside a metal box.AF7281FA-771D-4C7B-A921-26D13033DE15.jpeg

Last edited:
Well i break the connection to the main positive before the fuse if not you always have power to the fuse, I would rather not have all that potential when using wrenches to change the fuse.
The potential is always there.

One could just as easily drop a wrench on the cell terminals when working around the battery. The best practice for safety is to remove both + and - leads from the cells and cover the cells.

@Steve_S question for you if you don't mind - why are you switching out all your existing JK BMS for the new inverter comm ones? I thought you didn't use comms? Are you going to now?

To anyone - how are you chatting with Amy? I used the contact form on her website https://www.luyuanbattery.com/ to ask some questions about the box. I don't see a chat box there. I don't have an Alibaba account and call me crazy but I'm kinda trying to not have one.

@Steve_S question for you if you don't mind - why are you switching out all your existing JK BMS for the new inverter comm ones? I thought you didn't use comms? Are you going to now?

To anyone - how are you chatting with Amy? I used the contact form on her website https://www.luyuanbattery.com/ to ask some questions about the box. I don't see a chat box there. I don't have an Alibaba account and call me crazy but I'm kinda trying to not have one.
To piggyback on the other thread. And no, I’m not an EEL fanboy but it worked for me. They do sell boxes with JK BMS as well.
I think the luyuan offers more flexibility, but there are options for ya

I have Midnite Classics I can access via NodeRed & Other SW. Intended to plugin my battery packs & more into that setup. The Inverter BMS has features & functions that I wanted & suggested after I edited their manuals & using their previous BMS. (love how some took credit for the work of others) My Samlex Inverter (ModBus/CANbus & more) cannot interact directly wit the new JK's but I put the JK People in touch with the Samlex people I interact with and they are working on it. I have the Samlex protocol stacks as a Developer with the NDA's so I can't share them, sorry folks.

When I deal with Amy, we use the Alibaba Messenger tool (extended chat) or via E-Mail depending on the subject etc.
Link Here: https://message.alibaba.com/message/messenger.htm?#/
Now I do login to Alibaba (using Google Sign-In) and never had a problem over the years... Well ok, sometimes I get vendor spam there but very little.

TIP FOR EVERYONE: Tell them you are coming from DIYSolarForum ! wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Are you stacking your cases or attaching them to some kind of racking somehow? I don't know what the load rating of a 4 post server rack is but it seems these would get too heavy very quickly. Maybe a half height server cabinet...

I am stacking mine 5 high with wheels on the bottom battery. I plan to set them on top of each other. The wheels are wimpy looking. I will only move them a couple feet if at all. And I will make sure the path is clear so I don't have to run over anything.

Do they have feet or something to somewhat lock them together? I could see my clumsy self bumping into a stack of these somehow and knocking it over :eek:

Do they have feet or something to somewhat lock them together? I could see my clumsy self bumping into a stack of these somehow and knocking it over :eek:
I'll let you know when I flip over a box without wheels but the top is flat so I doubt they lock together. I will push from the bottom if I need to move them.

I'll let you know when I flip over a box without wheels but the top is flat so I doubt they lock together. I will push from the bottom if I need to move them.
I've seen some of the designs with latches that connect to the unit above/below

Reality is I shouldn't put them where I could do something stupid like that. And I should be plenty careful around these things. Maybe even if I just used a galvanized pipe flange bolted to the floor and had a pair of vertical pipes floor to ceiling to act as a guard to keep the worst from happening.

The price of these boxes is great, but shipping may kill. Dunno. Maybe I should try to convince the wife that I should buy another set of cells along with the boxes since I'd be paying shipping anyway... She'll tell me we're trying to save money to buy a homestead property, I know, but I can try right lol

I am sure I can move it by pulling the handles on the bottom one. And I should be comfortable with the position when I only have 3 stacked. All I need is to have one of the wheels break when I'm trying to move 5 stacked

Yes, and still.

One could just as easily drop a wrench on the cell terminals when working around the battery. The best practice for safety is to remove both + and - leads from the cells and cover the cells.
Not where I am working with the breaker off, before the breaker on the cell side then yes.

Ok

I'm ordering one of the JK inverter BMSs (JK-PB2A16S20P) for $109 with the front panel and the inner compression/BMS panel both for $19.
Since it turned out my regular active balance BMSs are so old they don't work with the displays in the cases I already have, I am also ordering 3 active balance BMSs (B2A24S20P) for $108 each. Air shipping is $89 for everything
In the future, I may convert all of my batteries to use the JK inverter BMSs but I don't think anyone has them working closed loop with the Solark yet. Using multiple JK inverter BMSs closed loop isn't working yet either.
This is a never ending project and I love it.

Back