diy solar

diy solar

My daughter is shopping for an ev she is looking at a bolt

I was looking for documentation about your "blending" argument. *Everything* I have read indicates *all* braking is done thru the regen system until the speed of the car falls below 3-5MPH. There are a few exceptions around slamming on the brakes:

According to this the car does not "blend" until the speed falls below this threshold. If you slam on the brakes (panic brake pedal to the floor) the regen will dis-engage and the normal ABS will take over. IMNSHO using L3 regen or single pedal is less efficient than using the lowest regen and controlling deceleration with the brake pedal which simply engages regen at increasing levels as you depress it more. The CW sez higher regen saves energy, an I just don't see it and I was looking for any studies around this and how it affects range.
I'm not going to make any conclusions about whether higher regen vs lower regen is better.

What if the motor controller limits the regen amount? What if the battery is too cold / car is in a fault state? As a thought experiment, consider braking hard at 60 mph but without locking. Totally reasonable on dry asphalt. There is a ton of regen potential because of the velocity.

The most authoritative source would probably someone in EV conversion that is very familiar with how a specific donor car works, & what the maximum regen that platform allows. There are forums for this in general and for specific donors.

Back