diy solar

diy solar

New Growatt hybrid inverter SPH10000TL- HU-US split phase

At that point (9540 with some EG4 battery) it would aggressively make the SolArk 8K and 12K pretty pointless apart from configurability and support. Just stack 2-3 of the 6000XP.

Look at the ATS-US thing. There is 5KVA and 10KVA.

Also spec sheet says 240V.
I don't believe that's necessary to use it on grid
Once all these 120/240 48V split phase hybrids around $2000 come out, that have a high degree of integration with not too many extra boxes, what is the value prop of the 6000XP which is off grid only? While these can be secretly operated on grid and may well have AC coupling upon release if the specs are to be believed.

I guess it’s still cheaper and equal footing for code compliance.
I guess for people who only want an off grid system you'll save $1400 on two 6000xp vs two of these.

A lot less weight to deal with too ?

I don't believe that's necessary to use it on grid
No it is not. But it still is extra crap you need to buy and make space for if you want backup power.

Also pushing 240V single phase topology into the grid with approved grid tie vs zero export on separate legs aren’t the same.

I guess for people who only want an off grid system you'll save $1400 on two 6000xp vs two of these.
I would probably go by popularity if the difference in cost isn’t so bad. Also the 6000XP is probably likely to have better testing and operational experience off grid than a hybrid cosplaying as an off grid.

Hints have been dropped that the 6000xp might not stay off grid only, seems like they are waiting on additional listings/certifications for on grid/ ac coupled use.
I did see some hybrid settings in the screenshots in the manual, and several overseas relatives of this are hybrid

I don't see that every happening because that would cannibalize 12kw18kpv sales
That thought crossed my mind but the 18kpv is smaller footprint. And still makes sense to have a 6K with more certs to match the competition since if you’re going to get eaten by competition at a price point might as well self cannibalize instead.

That thought crossed my mind but the 18kpv is smaller footprint. And still makes sense to have a 6K with more certs to match the competition since if you’re going to get eaten by competition at a price point might as well self cannibalize instead.
Yeah but the 6kxp doesn't have a lot of natural competition right now. The srne units are nice but can't be paralleled ?

Yeah but the 6kxp doesn't have a lot of natural competition right now. The srne units are nice but can't be paralleled ?
I meant competition for stackable 6K grid tie hybrids that could eat the 18kpv. The 18kpv currently has a battery cost advantage in the 9540 class. EG4 would rather someone buys two 6Kxp than two of another company

What does the SRNE have that the 6Kxp lacks?

I meant competition for stackable 6K grid tie hybrids that could eat the 18kpv. The 18kpv currently has a battery cost advantage in the 9540 class. EG4 would rather someone buys two 6Kxp than two of another company

What does the SRNE have that the 6Kxp lacks?
10kw

You can parallel / stack up to 6 of the SRNE HYP series for 30kw, but you need a minimum of 2 for split phase.
They can be had for ~$700 each.

This growatt looks promising, so does the soon to be released voltronic.

It's going to be tough to keep up with the evolution over the next 3-5 years.

You can parallel / stack up to 6 of the SRNE HYP series for 30kw, but you need a minimum of 2 for split phase.
They can be had for ~$700 each.

This growatt looks promising, so does the soon to be released voltronic.

It's going to be tough to keep up with the evolution over the next 3-5 years.
Oh I didn't know that about stacking the hyps. 2800 for 20kw is a good deal!

A couple of years ago a China company “YUTUO Sun Energy “ was selling knockoffs of Growatt stuff, but seem to have disappeared. Bought my auto transformer from them.
Yes, I believe that they didn't used to make their own units.
Now they do.

7.6kw MIN-TL inverter for $9.8k.
Yes. The 7.6 is a version 2. I considered asking if it could be swapped for a 11.4, but I don’t really need either. I’m assuming not many people want the 7.6 when the 11.4 is very little additional price several places. They probably having trouble unloading the 7.6’s.

Back