diy solar

diy solar

Renogy suitcase

yrughbe

Could some one tell me if this is in series or parallel please. It's a renogy solar suitcase and i read on here that renogy sometimes put them in series. The left cable in the second picture goes to the battery, the right cable goes to the picture 3. Thanks

IMG_20240508_175040.jpgIMG-20240510-WA0003.jpegIMG-20240510-WA0001.jpeg

I am using it to charge a EcoFlow RIVER 2 Max, when it is cloud the ecoflow reads 15-20w input but it does not charge the battery, i believe this is because the voltage is dropping to below 11V. Once the input goes above 30w it charges.

Input ports - Solar Charge: 220W 11-30V DC 13A Max

Would connecting them in series allow me to charge on a cloudy day? Would it then cause issues with the voltage being too high on a sunny day?

when it is cloud the ecoflow reads 15-20w input but it does not charge the battery, i believe this is because the voltage is dropping to below 11V. Once the input goes above 30w it charges.
OK, for 200W of panels, I'm not surprised it doesn't charge at 10% sunlight. Either get them some more sun or put more panels in parallel.

They are for camping, i mainly do long weekends/5 days and power the compressor fridge, plus a few things, the battery and fridge lasts 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 days depending on ambient temperature and how much stuff in the fridge needs to cool.

It would have been nice if it charged cloudy, but not that big a deal, more panels isnt better when you have to put them in the car, take them out at the site, and repeat at the end.

Back