diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Mason DIY kit review (4/5)

Question,I ordered 2 more of the Seplos vertical battery box and this time the BMS only has 2 terminals instead of 3 for mounting busbars. Did they send me some old stock , old version??
I want all 4 of my battery’s to communicate with each other.
What version BMS? Seplos is constantly updating their hardware.

What version BMS? Seplos is constantly updating their hardware.
Seplos tells me… “All BMS3.0 in vertical stand model are the same 48V 200A Type C. They work in the same way and there is no compatibility problem between them.”

Why did my first 2 bms have the correct lugs and these only have 2 I wonder?

Seplos tells me… “All BMS3.0 in vertical stand model are the same 48V 200A Type C. They work in the same way and there is no compatibility problem between them.”

Why did my first 2 bms have the correct lugs and these only have 2 I wonder?
Not sure why they skipped a screw hole, but its probably fine.

Good morning,
Does anyone have the right settings to make the mason kit work with a bms 2.0 or the 10E with a victron multiplus 2? I would need the parameters to modify on the bms side but also on the victron side. THANKS

Quick question, What does it mean or why would 10C seplos bms revert back to Chinese. I assume I will have to undertake the daunting task of finally installing the comms software on my laptop and figure out how to connect to the bms and reset it to English. I am not looking forward to that. I have read the stories here.. baud rate.. correct ethernet cable, software version, firmware version.... oh how I wish it was just plug in run software connect change and save. Is there an updated list of steps to soften the hurdles on this one. any help is appreciated. I can share pictures of anything anybody needs if needed. its a simple setup of 2 lvx 6048s and 2 mason 280ah kits... grid assist. I just use them in ups mode as the inverters suck working together switching to battery after sun drops down.

Quick question, What does it mean or why would 10C seplos bms revert back to Chinese. I assume I will have to undertake the daunting task of finally installing the comms software on my laptop and figure out how to connect to the bms and reset it to English. I am not looking forward to that. I have read the stories here.. baud rate.. correct ethernet cable, software version, firmware version.... oh how I wish it was just plug in run software connect change and save. Is there an updated list of steps to soften the hurdles on this one. any help is appreciated. I can share pictures of anything anybody needs if needed. its a simple setup of 2 lvx 6048s and 2 mason 280ah kits... grid assist. I just use them in ups mode as the inverters suck working together switching to battery after sun drops down.
Both Masons are in Chinese? PC or Android app? Once setup, I just use Solar Assistant to monitor mine.

Good morning,
Does anyone have the right settings to make the mason kit work with a bms 2.0 or the 10E with a victron multiplus 2? I would need the parameters to modify on the bms side but also on the victron side. THANKS
Check out the offgridgarage youtube channel for Seplos Mason and Victron connectivity

Both Masons are in Chinese? PC or Android app? Once setup, I just use Solar Assistant to monitor mine.
just one and I have SA monitoring both but even since it glitched to Chinese it is not charging. I am watching the SOC slowly go down. I have a PC laptop to install the software on and try to connect over ethernet.. I have not tried that yet, I know it will be a struggle, so I havent yet.. tried to run everything from SA. also pack 2 says charge capacity is 67.4ah.. not 200 like the other or 280ah which is what they both should be. I think it is either a bad cell or its getting a memory.

Last edited:
Check out the offgridgarage youtube channel for Seplos Mason and Victron connectivity

thanks for the link.. I watch all of his videos.. esp the seplos ones. that is what is making the task of getting in the weeds on it a little scary.. I know what headaches I will encounter.. I really wish it just was plug and play. I know they make them now but I wanted to get bang for the buck and diy. It is more work than I thought, and more math.

This morning after changing to charge with grid and solar both. they are both back topped up. most likely still in Chinese, I have not looked. and pack two lowest cell voltage is really low. I need to cycle these up and down a few times to see if it gets in line. pack two has not been used for anything but slow drain for a few months. also these are 280ah cells, so I still need to get in anyway on the laptop to adjust that. I wish it had Bluetooth.

Attachments

• Battery state.GIF
    Battery state.GIF
    197.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This morning after changing to charge with grid and solar both. they are both back topped up. most likely still in Chinese, I have not looked. and pack to lowest cell voltage is really low. I need to cycle these up and down a few times to see if it gets in line. pack two has not been used for anything but slow drain for a few months. also these are 280ah cells, so I still need to get in anyway on the laptop to adjust that. I wish it had Bluetooth.
Yeah, only the V3's have bluetooth. And having to build DIY cables for comms sucks.

Depends if you are running the specialized Victron or generic version of the firmware

16.06.05 would be the latest generic as far as I onow

Back