diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar

They use the same firmware, same communications protocol, look almost the same, the screens and menu are the same and the end user software is the same although the executable name is different. In fact the software for the SOK battery as provided by Current Connected has it's main window title the same as the PbmsTools provided by SGP and eitehr software will work with either battery.
That's because most (not all) of these companies are not manufacturing their own BMS for these batteries (or any parts for that matter). The rack batteries are commonly using the Pace-brand BMS. So the software company A provides will likely work on company B as well, as long as they did not request any specific firmware changes specific to their product.

For sure! Yes, owned by the same person. I think the mailing address is different now since we moved into our new HQ building but I'd have to double check. We're not related to Current Connected though. They are the competition ? ?
Y'all aren't much competition!

I had to go there ??

I had to go there ??
Bottom line: CC is wholesaler. They get EG4 products at a substantial discount (usually 50%) for bulk purchases so they can price match. They had what you needed on the shelf? SS/EG4 and CC make bank. Welcome to the merry-go-round. ?

Bottom line: CC is wholesaler. They get EG4 products at a substantial discount (usually 50%) for bulk purchases so they can price match. They had what you needed on the shelf? SS/EG4 and CC make bank. Welcome to the merry-go-round. ?
I actually didn't go back to eg4. I don't care who I buy from as long as it's not crap service.

Service from SS is certainly lacking. I bought 6 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries, a 6 battery rack and an EG4 communications hub from them. Asked for technical documentation on the modbus protocol between the hub and the batteries and the modbus protocol between the hub and an SRNE inverter and they responded that I had to go to EG4 for the documentation, what kind of support is that, it sucks is what kind of support

I don't care who I buy from as long as it's not crap service.

So you are saying you won't tolerate crap service. You want people to call you back. And to deal with things in a timely manner.
Seems reasonable to me! (y) And in this case SS did not do that, again. Looks like SS Jess was trying to do her job. Was the rest of the company on vacation? Recovering from the 1st?

I had to go there ??
A worthwhile battle requires a strong adversary to make victory truly meaningful -

This is only the beginning ? @HighTechLab

? I'm kidding. We support our competition at Signature Solar. We truly believe in solar for everyone and Current Connected helps make that happen so we're happy ☀️

Jess has been been great at responding. Travis with ss was great at responding. For the rest, not so much

Asked for technical documentation on the modbus protocol between the hub and the batteries and the modbus protocol between the hub and an SRNE inverter and they responded that I had to go to EG4 for the documentation, what kind of support is that, it sucks is what kind of support
Did you get canbus information from Ford or GM ?

From GMC, yes. Can talk to my Acadi over the OBDII connection under the dash. Stuff is no secret. EG4 uses the Narada BMS and older verisions of their software and protocol documentation are out there. How did Solar Assistant build their interface without the protocol? Providing documentation in the end will actually add to better support for the product by third party folks such as Solar Assistant and others

We
Hah I wish.

If eg4 had a 50% margin, some Chinese no-name would knock the same products off and undercut the price and disappear once their reputation is soiled, only to reopen a new company under a new name with the same products.
We both know how business works.? Unless you're operating under USC 501.C. Tell me it's so.

I actually bought a second EG4 hub from another source and guess what, they did provide me with a "LifePower4 Battery Communication Protocol" pdf file. I can now talk to the EG4 batteries with my own custom software and have more confidence in what the EG4 hub is reporting to the inverter. Can now monitor more from each battery than what Solar Assistant provides and that includes battery alarm status. As Ronald reagan once said "Trust but Verify"

I'd just like to point out that private messages are intended to be private.

I do not have any bias towards SS (except the one and only support email I've ever sent to them a month ago went completely ignored). But I wouldn't like it if my private messages to someone here was posted publicly.
sorry bubby, business communication's are business and are open to the wind. anybody claiming different is full of it.

Back