diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Quick Charge - EPS Switch must be on for AC charging

Tripplett

Edit: the problem was I had the EPS switch OFF because I didn't need to supply any loads. Flipped that on and Quick Charge started working.

I’m having trouble getting Quick Charge to engage for my 6000XP. It worked when I tested it last week when my electrician and I wired the Grid In connection to the inverter. Now the last couple of days I can’t seem to get it to start and we have another storm coming tomorrow. This setup saved us on Tuesday when we lost power for hours.

I’ve tried the app and on monitor.eg4electronics both. When I enable it I can see under Maintenance that it’s just enabling “AC Charge Based on Time” and setting the start as now and end as 1 hr from now. I can see I have 244.5v 59.99hz available at the grid. I have to be missing a setting somewhere or something.

Only thing I’ve done, other than trying a lot of settings, was to set up Solar Assistant a couple of days ago. I hope I set that up right, had trouble finding a setting that worked. I picked Luxpower and entered my serial and dongle number.

I appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thanks.

Attachments

• 9E813492-4356-468E-8890-AE726BB2D8B8.jpeg
    9E813492-4356-468E-8890-AE726BB2D8B8.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Maintenance settings page showing AC charge based on time is set…

Attachments

• C3369650-E77F-4540-9B27-AE243E7D94F9.jpeg
    C3369650-E77F-4540-9B27-AE243E7D94F9.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 24
Here’s a clue I think. I’m reading 245v but the 6000xp’s display is showing only 122v.

Attachments

• 55E75E26-4BEC-4286-9286-7FB2BDE5B59D.jpeg
    55E75E26-4BEC-4286-9286-7FB2BDE5B59D.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 20
Toggle your "AC charge based on" setting to SOC or voltage and then back to time again.
Your first screenshot was showing grid at 240 volts and I think the display is implying that it is reading each leg not the total.

Ok just tried that. Changed from SOC to V and back. No change. I powered everything down, brought it all back up, and did another reset to default. That didn’t help either.

im noticing that only the XP’s display thinks it is 122v, every other monitoring device shows 245v. Solar Assistant, EG4 app, and monitor.eg4electronics all show 245v.

That may not be what is stopping the charge, but I don’t see anything else odd.

Attachments

• 55B277C4-6A3F-4D3C-9BE5-85D4B24A7DAC.jpeg
    55B277C4-6A3F-4D3C-9BE5-85D4B24A7DAC.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 10
Ok that was a red herring. Just watched one of @Zapper77 videos and confirmed the XP's screen only shows half of Grid/Gen input. If there was only 120v coming in the XP would show 60v, as he showed in the video on single leg charging. So now I feel better that everything is at least connected right.

Ok that was a red herring. Just watched one of @Zapper77 videos and confirmed the XP's screen only shows half of Grid/Gen input. If there was only 120v coming in the XP would show 60v, as he showed in the video on single leg charging. So now I feel better that everything is at least connected right.
L1 and L2 should show 120v each. If you see 60v, something is wrong.

I've never tested QC with the 6000XP.

When you click quick charge...can you share a screen shot of the charge settings.

You should see the 3rd time slot change and AC charge change to Time.

What setting is your start and stop?

Screenshot_20240112_085341_EG4 Monitor.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it changes to Time and shows the start and stop times In the 3rd slot that lines up with when I hit the button.

CCD9A986-BFE3-43B3-BAB2-8D552B83E204.jpeg

I've tried it both ways over the last few days. I think at the moment it is disabled. Here I re-hit the button, went to Maintenance, hit Read to load in the values, and here's the result...

1705068027985.png

I've tried it both ways over the last few days. I think at the moment it is disabled. Here I re-hit the button, went to Maintenance, hit Read to load in the values, and here's the result...

View attachment 188491
Test this.

Set voltage - start 54 stop 56
Then try QC again.

If that doesn't work Set SOC start 90% stop 100% and try QC again.

I’m having trouble getting Quick Charge to engage for my 6000XP. It worked when I tested it last week when my electrician and I wired the Grid In connection to the inverter. Now the last couple of days I can’t seem to get it to start and we have another storm coming tomorrow. This setup saved us on Tuesday when we lost power for hours.

I’ve tried the app and on monitor.eg4electronics both. When I enable it I can see under Maintenance that it’s just enabling “AC Charge Based on Time” and setting the start as now and end as 1 hr from now. I can see I have 244.5v 59.99hz available at the grid. I have to be missing a setting somewhere or something.

Only thing I’ve done, other than trying a lot of settings, was to set up Solar Assistant a couple of days ago. I hope I set that up right, had trouble finding a setting that worked. I picked Luxpower and entered my serial and dongle number.

I appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thanks.
It can sometimes take around 5~10 minutes for you to see anything on the monitoring system/app. If you are using that to check, then make sure that you give it a little bit of time.

If you've given it that time and it's still not working, then send me a DM. I would be happy to take a look at it and see what I can do.

It can sometimes take around 5~10 minutes for you to see anything on the monitoring system/app. If you are using that to check, then make sure that you give it a little bit of time.

If you've given it that time and it's still not working, then send me a DM. I would be happy to take a look at it and see what I can do.
Thanks. I was standing at the inverter so, based on past experience, I would have heard the fans spin up too. But that didn't happen. I gave it 45 minutes, no change. I'll try the other two recommendations above then post the results.

I can set stop at 56v, but when I try start at 54v I get "Operation failed. Error code: 3". I tried a few different values - 54.1, 54.3, 53.0, etc.

Same thing, error code 3 when I try to set start %.
What's the current SOC and Voltage?

I can set stop at 56v, but when I try start at 54v I get "Operation failed. Error code: 3". I tried a few different values - 54.1, 54.3, 53.0, etc.

Same thing, error code 3 when I try to set start %.
Can you try making the change in the app or through the inverter screen?

Can you charge from AC at all ?
AC charge based on time, set timer 1
Yes, when we first set up the wiring last week I tested it. Hit Quick Charge in the app and within seconds we were charging.

AC Charge Start Time 1: 09:41
AC Charge End Time 1: 10:41

It's been 10 minutes and no charging.
What's the current SOC and Voltage?
93% @ 54.1v - and currently charging with 720W / 260v incoming solar.

Can you try making the change in the app or through the inverter screen?
I tried both the app and on a laptop. I'll try on the screen next. I think I did try that yesterday though.

Appreciate all the ideas...

Yes, when we first set up the wiring last week I tested it. Hit Quick Charge in the app and within seconds we were charging.

AC Charge Start Time 1: 09:41
AC Charge End Time 1: 10:41

It's been 10 minutes and no charging.

93% @ 54.1v - and currently charging with 720W / 260v incoming solar.

I tried both the app and on a laptop. I'll try on the screen next. I think I did try that yesterday though.

Appreciate all the ideas...
Personal experience, I'm not sure that QC works above 54v/90% SOC.

For a temporary solution, you could change to AC priority. That would enable grid bypass. All solar would go towards battery charging.

Edit AC first.

Oh in case it matters this whole time of testing I've had EPS Output OFF. Breaker on, but the switch is off.

Back