diy solar

diy solar

DJLBERMPW, 12V 100AH LiFePO4: $259.00 + free shiping on Amazon ($0.196 per Wh) **Now $168**

I gave up and requested a refund
They chose usps to deliver it, and I guess it got lost.
Tracking info yields no results.
Bummer...
Oh that sucks! One of the two Weize batteries I bought last month had a tracking number that said it was cancelled by the seller when I tried to track it. But it still showed up a week later. That was FedEx though.

I got one in 3 days, by Bunfloe, weighs in at about 23, 24 lbs. $259 w/free shipping from Amazon. Now I need a decent charger for it, or can an Ecoflow River handle charging it?

I got one in 3 days, by Bunfloe, weighs in at about 23, 24 lbs. $259 w/free shipping from Amazon. Now I need a decent charger for it, or can an Ecoflow River handle charging it?
I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to, but I suppose it depends how fast you want to charge.

I haven't used the 12V output on my newer Ecoflow R2M / D2 units but both have 12V cigarette lighter port + 2x DC barrel adapter outputs and they can do at least 3A if not more.

Edit: Both the Delta 2 and all the River 2 units support at least 8A/100W 12V DC output

Last edited:
The 12 volt 100ah model recommends 20 amp charging with a 50 amp max charge. I’m very impressed with the battery performance and I’m using them everyday with no bloating issue in the last few months . If they are back in stock, I will purchase a few more

It's no problem to charge a 100A battery with lower charge rates like 8A but the output voltage of the ecoflow is 13.6V which might not get the battery all the way to 100% charge or activate the balancing circuit. But that's not a big deal, it should be fine.

The 12 volt 100ah model recommends 20 amp charging with a 50 amp max charge. I’m very impressed with the battery performance and I’m using them everyday with no bloating issue in the last few months . If they are back in stock, I will purchase a few more
Thanks for the feedback. I've read that a 25amp charger is ideal, but other sources say a 50amp charger (for a 100ah) is best - because it charges faster. The higher amperage chargers are exponentially expensive, but are they worth it or is there danger of damage to the battery by charging at 50a or even 40a? I just want to extend my battery capacity in the event of an extended grid outage but speed of recharge could make a critical difference.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to, but I suppose it depends how fast you want to charge.

I haven't used the 12V output on my newer Ecoflow R2M / D2 units but both have 12V cigarette lighter port + 2x DC barrel adapter outputs and they can do at least 3A if not more.

Edit: Both the Delta 2 and all the River 2 units support at least 8A/100W 12V DC output
Thanks; I have an original Delta and basic River so they may be slower, but is there a rule of thumb that can tell me how long it would take to charge the 100ah battery with an 8amp input charge? Or any amp input? I have a 12v cig port male adapter to alligator clips and I'd like to charge the new battery to full capacity if possible.

It's no problem to charge a 100A battery with lower charge rates like 8A but the output voltage of the ecoflow is 13.6V which might not get the battery all the way to 100% charge or activate the balancing circuit. But that's not a big deal, it should be fine.
So the 14.4v ideal can't be reached using the DC option; what about using an AC port on the River, with a traditional charger? I'm using the River as a UPS at the moment anyway.

Thanks; I have an original Delta and basic River so they may be slower, but is there a rule of thumb that can tell me how long it would take to charge the 100ah battery with an 8amp input charge? Or any amp input? I have a 12v cig port male adapter to alligator clips and I'd like to charge the new battery to full capacity if possible.
you're looking at (roughly) 100ah / 8a = 12.5hrs

Thanks, makes sense. But if I use a 20amp lifepo4 charger in the AC inverter, and assuming perfect sunshine with 200watts passing through the River or Delta, could I assume it would take 5 hours to charge it as if it was drawing from the grid? I also have a Thunderbolt (Harbor Freight) 100watt 'starter system' that I've added a 2nd 100watt panel to with a 35watt AGM; if I swapped out the AGM for the lifepo4 would that work or is the AC inverter route a better option?

Bunfloe has them in stock at their Atlanta warehouse and it took only 3 days after ordering through Amazon last week. $259 w/free shipping. Think they went up to $279 though a few days ago. They told me they'll have their own charger available after the new year but they've been a decent company to work with, probably since they're new and out to prove themselves. Have yet to thoroughly use the battery though.

They recommended a 20amp charger

I'm looking to buy four of these. Did you ever pull a capacity test on yours? Do you know if these are pouch or prismatic cells? They have a factory video that shows a bunch of pouches being soldered together but that may be for their smaller batteries.

This is what I copied from Amazon site under the manufacturer reviews regarding the 24v 100ah battery

… I was suspecting this may not be prismatic cells, and it definitely is not. It seems to be ~40AH (can't be entirely certain on the capacity since I don't want to tear it down further) pouch cells in a 3p8s configuration…

I haven’t done a real capacity test but I wouldn’t be surprised if it does 120ah if it uses the 40ah pouch cells .. they are in use since I purchased them and I really think the batteries are stellar and I’m looking forward to purchase some more

Back