diy solar

diy solar

DJLBERMPW, 12V 100AH LiFePO4: $259.00 + free shiping on Amazon ($0.196 per Wh) **Now $168**

For those curious.

I tore one of the batteries I ordered apart, because I'm curious like that. I checked the cells on a fluke multimeter and shows only variance of .001 volts between the cells. so that's very good IMO, and I looked up the BMS which is JBD-ZP04S014-T-S V1.1

I found a BMS listed as JBD-ZP04S014 which looks the same on alibaba and these are the stats listed. They have the weirdest busbar though, they're all laser welded which is to be expected and the cell that connects to the BMS is just a prefabricated bus bar designed to fit to the bms directly from the cell, so no wires, which seems better than a wire. My other branded battery had laser welded bus bars between the cells then a wire to the bms, this is busbarred to the bms, on the bms side it's still bolted on though, not laser welded, so you can use a different BMS if you wish.

Here are the stats listed on the alibaba BMS listing for JBD-ZP04S014

It listed low temperature disconnect, I didn't test it though.

FunctionTest ProjectSpecificationUnit
MinMiddleMax
Working Voltage1014.6V
Working CurrentCharge Current100120A
Discharge Current100120A
Charge protectionCharger Voltage (CC-CV)14.6V
Over Charge Protection Voltage3.63.653.7V
Over Charge Protection Delay Time100020003000mS
Over Charger Protection Release Voltage3.453.53.55V
Discharge protectionOver Disharge Protection Voltage2.452.52.55V
Over Discharge Protection Delay Time100020003000mS
Over Discharge Protection Release Voltage2.933.1V
Over current ProtectionCharge Over Current120130140A
Charge Over Current Delay Time123S
Over Current Release Condition32S
Discharge Over Current 1120130140A
Discharge Over Current Delay Time13S
Discharge Over Current 2360400420A
Discharge Over Current Delay Time100500mS
Discharge Over Current Release Condition32S
Short Circuit ProtectionShort Circuit Protection Delay Time200500uS
Short Circuit ReleaseDisconnect the load
Balance FunctionStart Voltage3.353.43.45V
Voltage difference achieves the starting condition30mV
Balance ModeCharge balance
Balance Current4060mA
Temperature protectionCharge High Temperature Protection636567
Charge High temperature Protection Release535557
Charge Low Temperature Protection-2-10
Charge Low temperature Protection Release456
Discharge High Temperature Protection687072
Discharge High Temperature Protection Release586062
Discharge Low Temperature Protection-12-10-8
Discharge Low temperature Protection Release-202
Internal ResistanceInternal resistance of discharge circuit/510mR
Self-power consumptionWorking Mode20mA
Sleeping Mode200uA
Working TemperatureNormal working scale-2070
Storage TemperatureHumidity below 90%-4085
BMS sizeL*W*H114*85*10mmmm

These are back to $179 while others seem to be trying to increase the price for 100ah LMP back to $300. It seems that the $200 price might be here to stay.

I got one at $168 before Xmas expecting to have to return it. It passed the charging and capacity test and delivers 100a flawlessly.

1/31 - They've started selling a mini version - $189 !
I'm running 4 of the regular 100ah, purchased in January, few weeks too early LOL.
Now I'm curious if the mini uses same BMS, and would be compatible.

I don't see any confirmation of the mini size. They are showing dimensions that are the same as the older larger battery. Perhaps just not updated the Amazon listing? I wonder if this is the LiTime/PowerQueen/Redodo mini, or the GrenerPower/Cyclenbatt/Lipuls mini form factor, or something else entirely?

I don't see any confirmation of the mini size. They are showing dimensions that are the same as the older larger battery. Perhaps just not updated the Amazon listing? I wonder if this is the LiTime/PowerQueen/Redodo mini, or the GrenerPower/Cyclenbatt/Lipuls mini form factor, or something else klhttps://a.co/d/3Crkne9
These dimensions are smaller than Li Time mini.

Attachments

• IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 14
I must have misread those. I was sure I saw 12 inches. Looks like the LiTime case maybe but not as tall. Perhaps a typo with the dimensions or something new entirely.

Maybe someone who has one can chime in with confirmed dimensions?

Maybe someone who has one can chime in with confirmed dimensions?
I asked the vendor to confirm the dimensions. They came back confirming the height was as listed. Somebody needs to get one and tell us....

It's unclear if this has low temperature charging protection or not. Most of the info seems like it doesn't but one of the product Q&As says this:

Has anyone purchased these? The brand name is ridiculous. The page says "Returnable until Jan 31, 2023".

DJLBERMPW battery currently does not have a low temperature cut-off function, and recommended use environment is higher than 0℃.

Last edited:
$168 again, lightning deal on amzn

edit: deal is over, but I noticed you could only buy one at this price.

Last edited:
The battery on Amazon is at $189 now, but I found this…

No info on it, but looks like a steal… fake?

Attachments

• IMG_2421.png
    IMG_2421.png
    744.3 KB · Views: 16
Tempted to get another 24v 100ah mini to pair with existing and then same again with 48v 50ah.
I recently switched from 12v to 48v and have 4 of the djlbermpw 12v 100ah in series. They’re performing well with 3.2kw inverter, staying well balanced. I bought a balancer for them but haven’t connected yet. I think I’ll get a couple of the eco worthy 48v 50ah and parallel them. Right now it’s about same price considering I won’t need a balancer for them.

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the internal cells? I'm curious if you can weld together two full size battery cases and fit like 3 sets of cells if you rotate them 90 degrees...?

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the internal cells? I'm curious if you can weld together two full size battery cases and fit like 3 sets of cells if you rotate them 90 degrees...?
20240302_141527.jpg

Worked well with pouch cells. If it's prismatic cells they're usually welded together and really hard to harvest cells from.

Last edited:
Back