diy solar

diy solar

DJLBERMPW, 12V 100AH LiFePO4: $259.00 + free shiping on Amazon ($0.196 per Wh) **Now $168**

I've got a couple of the Vatrer batteries, they were the cheapest thing I could find with low temp protection. For $228 they're pretty cheap!

They also have a decent looking 48v 100Ah rackmount guy for $1300 with low temp protection. Gotta love the free shipping on that, makes it a helluva deal!

I've got a couple of the Vatrer batteries, they were the cheapest thing I could find with low temp protection. For $228 they're pretty cheap!

They also have a decent looking 48v 100Ah rackmount guy for $1300 with low temp protection. Gotta love the free shipping on that, makes it a helluva deal!
That 48v battery has a $100 coupon right now also.. too bad it's a 15 cell and not a 16 cell.

Stunning Cyber Monday deal on this 12V 100AH battery right now at $167.99! ($0.127 per Wh) The is the lowest price I've ever seen so pull the trigger if you are in the market for one of these batteries. Despite the strange name this battery seems to perform well. See the tests in this thread and reviews on amazon/youtube. It doesn't have low temp charging protection, but I prefer that to be managed by my charge controller anyway.

Stunning Cyber Monday deal on this 12V 100AH battery right now at $167.99! ($0.127 per Wh) The is the lowest price I've ever seen so pull the trigger if you are in the market for one of these batteries. Despite the strange name this battery seems to perform well. See the tests in this thread and reviews on amazon/youtube. It doesn't have low temp charging protection, but I prefer that to be managed by my charge controller anyway.
That's only $42 a cell if you want to re-BMS it with a better one. I don't think you can get 100Ah cells for that.

I ordered 2 of these from amazon on Monday and they arrived yesterday. They look great and were packed well. There's an extra set of terminal bolts included. The batteries weigh in at 22lbs each and resting voltage was 13.25V on each one. Capacity test is underway. The price is up to $184.99 each now which is still a great price.

20231203_110850.jpg

I ordered 2 of these from amazon on Monday and they arrived yesterday. They look great and were packed well. There's an extra set of terminal bolts included. The batteries weigh in at 22lbs each and resting voltage was 13.25V on each one. Capacity test is underway. The price is up to $184.99 each now which is still a great price.

View attachment 181000
Do tell on your end result. I have 1 and don't really have the equipment for capacity testing...would love to pick up a 2nd...

Both batteries exceeded their capacity tests at 104Ah and 103Ah. I've been charging one of them at 60A for the last 30min and that seems to be fine with no warming anywhere on the case. Everything looks great to me with these.

No low temp charging protection which may be an issue for some, but I use charge controllers that have low temp protection built in so I prefer to have it managed on the charge controller.

20231203_220930.jpg20231204_083652.jpg

seller "SZDJ" has only 80% positive rating. I don't buy from ebay or amazon sellers with less than 95-98%. Shows 5 negative reports (out of 20), in the last 12 months.

It IS a good deal, but hard to say that just because you get a good one, doesn't mean the next one will be of the same quality. If you needed to depend upon this battery, I would look elsewhere, but if you can afford it to not work and lose your $168, then I would bite.

just because you get a good one, doesn't mean the next one will be of the same quality.
Couldn't you say that about anything you buy? Some brands have better quality control that others. The amazon reviews seem to do a good job of exposing the bad brands. I actually bought two of these last week from different sellers and both tested good. I have purchased and tested 6 brands of batteries now over the last year.

seller "SZDJ" has only 80% positive rating. I don't buy from ebay or amazon sellers with less than 95-98%. Shows 5 negative reports (out of 20), in the last 12 months.
I didn't notice that it was a different seller! Thanks for pointing that out. The ones I bought last week were sold from DJLBERMPW and Dongjin Power.

Couldn't you say that about anything you buy? Some brands have better quality control that others. The amazon reviews seem to do a good job of exposing the bad brands. I actually bought two of these last week from different sellers and both tested good. I have purchased and tested 6 brands of batteries now over the last year.

Sure some brands have better quality control than others.

Amazon reviews are mostly useless these days. Reviews can be bought and Amazon doesn't seem to care much to keep them off. Have you ever tried Fakespot? They've been around for years and use special methods to suss out suspect reviews (that Amazon should use IMO), then they give the product a grade of "A" to "F", depending on how legit they think those reviews are. Fakespot gave this battery an "F", as low as they come.

My guess is you're going to get some good batteries mixed in with fakes (maybe even by the same seller), which further drives up their profits.

Now just because a product gets a bad grade, doesn't mean it's not worth buying, but now you are at least armed with more information, so should it turn out a dud, it would be a "I told ya so" kind of situation.
I didn't notice that it was a different seller! Thanks for pointing that out. The ones I bought last week were sold from DJLBERMPW and Dongjin Power.

Yes, you gotta watch out for who the seller is, Amazon doesn't care and doesn't exactly make it more obvious. I mean if you take the the time to read the fine print, you can find the seller's name right there. But I think it should be "Name of Product sold by Sellers-Name" in the title of the product, that way it would be no ambiguity.

Interesting. This same battery is listed in a few places on amazon with different reviews. Search DJLBERMPW 12V 100Ah on amazon. The one with 196 reviews gets an A from Fakespot, The one with 79 Reviews gets a B and the one with 24 reviews gets an F. It's strange that they don't tell you how many of the reviews they think are fake or what the fake ones are.

When I look at reviews I try to read a few of the most recent and look for people who have tested the battery, sound like they know what they are talking about, and include a picture of the test setup.

In this case, we have myself and other people in this thread who bought them and tested them, as well as a youtube teardown. What makes you think some of them are fake? I have seen no evidence of that. is it just because the the price is low?

Interesting. This same battery is listed in a few places on amazon with different reviews. Search DJLBERMPW 12V 100Ah on amazon. The one with 196 reviews gets an A from Fakespot, The one with 79 Reviews gets a B and the one with 24 reviews gets an F. It's strange that they don't tell you how many of the reviews they think are fake or what the fake ones are.

I would imagine that Fakespot doesn't detail out exactly which reviews they think are suspect has something to do with avoiding a claim of libel. Fakespot used to be more forthcoming with the specifics than they do now, perhaps someone (Amazon) has fought back. I was just thinking the other day "what if someone were to try a class-action suit against Amazon? What law firm would be willing to take that on?" Because you know Amazon has LAWYERS and POCKETS!

In any case, Fakespot is a very useful service that I use most anytime I buy anything over $50 from Amazon (that I haven't bought before).

When I look at reviews I try to read a few of the most recent and look for people who have tested the battery, sound like they know what they are talking about, and include a picture of the test setup.

In this case, we have myself and other people in this thread who bought them and tested them, as well as a youtube teardown. What makes you think some of them are fake? I have seen no evidence of that. is it just because the the price is low?

I do the same as you. I read the actual reviews. The fake ones are getting harder to spot, but most are pretty obvious. And for someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about, those are golden. There was a guy on this forum who had the top critical review on Amazon for the battery I bought and I was able to ask him here questions about it, which was awesome since Amazon has now removed that feature.

I see no deceit on this forum about this battery. I'm sure it's a good deal. It's just sometimes with bait-n-switch sellers on Amazon, what YOU buy might not be what someone ELSE buy's. I might think I'm buying the same battery as you, but since I'm buying from another seller with a poor rating, I *could* end up with a fake one.

As an aside, I have a hobby of a certain Chinese tea, called puerh. I've been drinking it for over 10 years now and have learned a lot. There are a few places other than the Yunnan region of China that try to grow and process a puerh-like tea, but 99% of it still comes from China. So I buy direct from China a few times a year. Point being is having gotten to know a few characters over the years, those who understand the differences between Chinese and American culture. Now what I'm about to say isn't likely true every where, but this is how it was explained to me: In America, it is considered rude and poor business to lie or misrepresent your product. Americans except to get what they pay for. In China, it is the opposite! In China, it's considered rude and poor business to NOT misrepresent your product. EVERYONE does it (most anyways)! If you aren't hyping up your product to the nth-degree, then there must be something wrong with you or your product. Everyone (well, everyone in China) knows that what you advertise your product as isn't really true. There-in lies the secret ingredient: luck! If you buy our product, you might get lucky and get a good one! And that is better than "getting what you paid for"! Because the idea of luck (so I've been told) is still very strong in much of Chinese culture. Some will say this isn't true anymore but if you look at their buying habits you will find them too buying trying to get 'lucky'.

In America we call this "quality control gamble". However you slice it, many Americans also like to gamble and get lucky. Hence the complaints for low-priced gambles like this are low or quiet, compared to when a high-priced item fails even once. If you're paying serious money, there should be a serious pay-off. I think this is in part why the grumblings of those disenchanted by Battleborn these days ring louder than someone complaining about a $168 battery.

I currently run 4 at 24v..
I have no issues with them at all. Besides shipping and customer service it's a decent battery for what you pay for.

They took 80amps easily and definitely let my inverter pull 3kw until I was happy.

I'm most likely gonna sell them for cheaper and get a decent 24v battery.

Attachments

• 20230930_174550.jpg
    20230930_174550.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 13

It IS a good deal, but hard to say that just because you get a good one, doesn't mean the next one will be of the same quality. If you needed to depend upon this battery, I would look elsewhere, but if you can afford it to not work and lose your $168, then I would bite.
I see 5 total ratings, only 1 bad - asking for a refund, all others seem content.

I see 5 total ratings, only 1 bad - asking for a refund, all others seem content.
The overall number is based on ALL ratings, not just written reviews. The non-written ratings are not shown on Amazon.

Back