diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP for a grid connected system (zero export is fine), is it essentially the same as 18kPV just less wattage?

treeder

I have an 18kPV, but I want to know if the 6000XP could be used in the exact same scenario on a smaller house. I'm using the grid for pass through power (when I use more than my panels and at night). Can the 6000XP be used the exact same way or is there some kind of limitation?

I think the 6000xp is limited to 50A passthrough.
In the "working modes", I do not see the option for Grid and Inverter (PV or Battery) to supply power to Load. The closest you get is Grid supplies Load and PV charges battery. If you have excess solar (batteries are full), but not enough solar to power loads, then the energy is wasted (grid powers load).

And the 18kpv is 200A ya? That's a big difference, thanks.
I have a 15k solark (50 amps off grid), and don't worry about load when grid is down. On a hot summer day running the AC, electric dryer and oven ... you might go over 50 amps. But it is something you don't have to think about with the 18kpv (unless the grid is down).

Note: The 6000xp is only 25 amps when off grid.

I'm in the Caribbean where most people have multiple A/Cs running all day every day, so I'll stick to recommending the 18kPV.

Back