diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower4 48V Top Balancing Firmware.

Strange how it can read and write other things to the BMS. I can't fathom what Windows 7 would change with respect to this single operation within the software. Can't upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 either...it's too old and slow.

Is it the same with all the batteries?
I tried changing the second battery's dip switches to 0000 and doing a reset. Same issue. I may just leave them with the original firmware. I can get the SOC to 100% on all of them, but it would have been nice to raise the cell voltages a bit more.

Going back to my past life of computer networking / tech support...
Did you uninstall any / all older drivers?
If you dig deep into the driver settings are you able to change communication speed?
I'm assuming you rebooted multiple times and tried every usb port.

The fact it appears to be communicating with the battery tells me it's not a windows 7 compatibility issue.

I tried changing the second battery's dip switches to 0000 and doing a reset. Same issue. I may just leave them with the original firmware. I can get the SOC to 100% on all of them, but it would have been nice to raise the cell voltages a bit more.
I suggested earlier in this thread to turn the battery breaker off and then back on. I haven't seen any post indicating this has been tried, but I can tell you that occasionally, I have to turn the battery off and on again before it'll get boot info and load firmware.

That said, Can you attach a photo of the dip switches of the battery you are trying to upgrade, and make sure nothing else is pluggged into the other RS-485 port?

If you have:
- no current
- restarted the BMS (by turning breaker off and back on)
- confirmed that the BMS Test is using the proper serial port
- the cable and adapter are good

I can only assume that the dip switch settings vs what you think needs to be set in BMSTest, are in conflict.

Going back to my past life of computer networking / tech support...
Did you uninstall any / all older drivers?
If you dig deep into the driver settings are you able to change communication speed?
I'm assuming you rebooted multiple times and tried every usb port.

The fact it appears to be communicating with the battery tells me it's not a windows 7 compatibility issue.
Yeah, I have tried 3 different SS supplied cables on two different ports (com 5 and com 7). The software works on baud 9600 for reading the battery cell voltages, etc.

1695684256707.png

Dip switch setting are all down (0000).
I suggested earlier in this thread to turn the battery breaker off and then back on. I haven't seen any post indicating this has been tried, but I can tell you that occasionally, I have to turn the battery off and on again before it'll get boot info and load firmware.

That said, Can you attach a photo of the dip switches of the battery you are trying to upgrade, and make sure nothing else is pluggged into the other RS-485 port?

If you have:
- no current
- restarted the BMS (by turning breaker off and back on)
- confirmed that the BMS Test is using the proper serial port
- the cable and adapter are good

I can only assume that the dip switch settings vs what you think needs to be set in BMSTest, are in conflict.
1695684688822.png

I tried all dip switches up and it finds the battery at address 15. Same issue though...
1695685668886.png

Yeah, I have tried 3 different SS supplied cables on two different ports (com 5 and com 7). The software works on baud 9600 for reading the battery cell voltages, etc.

View attachment 169419
Hmmm I don't miss those fun times at all. I wish I had went through the process so I could help more. When all else fails fdisk C: and start over (just kidding).
I hope you figure it out.

Back