diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower4 48V Top Balancing Firmware.

I updated firmware on all 6 of my batteries, what a pain in the ass. I even had tech support on the phone for over an hour. The batteries would read but not pull boot info. I finally got it to work. Now my problem is my eg4 communication hub wont read any batteries (just a blank screen)
Anyone have any suggestions?
You have to change the baud rate to 1900 on the comms hub

Change Hub to 19,200 baud under settings

Notice the bottom right version number.
View attachment 158852
View attachment 158856

@Markus_SignatureSolar FYSA
There is a Firmware coming soon for the comms hub to match the top balancing fimrware. Unfortunately if you are using the comms hub it takes place of the master battery and the top balancing firmware for the batteries will be limited.

I promise you this firmware will be ready in 2 weeks or so the team is working on it.

Anyone confirm issue with "Get boot information failed"?
I've tried a lot of different variations trying to find the special sauce.
Was watching the Signature Solar video they say to watch and at 7:37 in the video there is a cut during the boot. Then on the screen after the cut there is the "Get boot information failed" right on the screen above the "Successful Boot" Maybe they should include a reason why theirs failed the time before to help out?

I had the same problem on 4 of my batteries. Kept closing and reopening the bms test till it finally connected. Then once connected just jump to battery after battery till all completed.

Anyone confirm issue with "Get boot information failed"?
I've tried a lot of different variations trying to find the special sauce.
Was watching the Signature Solar video they say to watch and at 7:37 in the video there is a cut during the boot. Then on the screen after the cut there is the "Get boot information failed" right on the screen above the "Successful Boot" Maybe they should include a reason why theirs failed the time before to help out?

One thing I notice is that my com port status is shown as connected and during the boot search it becomes disconnected. I can look at battery status without issue. I'm sure that I bought the cheapest laptop available doesn't help but I was able to do multiple firmware updates to my EG4 6500s

One thing I notice is that my com port status is shown as connected and during the boot search it becomes disconnected. I can look at battery status without issue. I'm sure that I bought the cheapest laptop available doesn't help but I was able to do multiple firmware updates to my EG4 6500s
Maybe delete bms test and download it again

Same here. Just kept trying until it finally worked. Took 7hours for a 20 minute job. Very frustrating I know.

Back