diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL v3 and SolArk 15k

MikeSpeegle

I have had nightmares getting inspection passed with anything. How do EG4-LL v3 with rapid shutdown that my inspector is demanding work in closed loop with SolArk 15k?

I have had nightmares getting inspection passed with anything. How do EG4-LL v3 with rapid shutdown that my inspector is demanding work in closed loop with SolArk 15k?
They want a Battery rapid shutdown not just a breaker?

Or

Are you talking rapid shutdown of the PV panels?

Rapid shutdown from battery separate from RSD of PV. Like EG4-LL v3 offers. It’s almost like his demand was word for word from what they offer.

Apparently being demanded by a few jurisdictions now, basically triggers the shunt in the breakers in the eg4 ll v.2, along with depowering inverter and solar, when rsd button is pushed

Any idea how EG4-LL-S battery work closed loop with SolArk 15k. I am about to order.
From what I understand a bunch of folks go with Pytes as a "preferred partner" for solark and easy California approval but unsure if they support estop:

Ya it’s Texas and he said ok on EG4. I will look into the pytes be he is demanding the estop come from battery manufacturer not something I run. 😡 he has been a nightmare it’s like he us forcing me to use that battery

Ya it’s Texas and he said ok on EG4. I will look into the pytes be he is demanding the estop come from battery manufacturer not something I run. 😡 he has been a nightmare it’s like he us forcing me to use that battery
Can you just get one rack mount to satisfy his madness and then install whatever you like after approval is granted? Almost need a floating llv3 to send around on perpetual tour for this kind of thing...

is pytes that much better than the new EG4. Or are you saying I won’t be able to run closed loop with the EG4 and SolArk ?
The Pytes v5 is UL9540 compliant in combination with the solark 15k, I don't believe the eg4 batteries have been tested with the solark, only with the eg4 18kpv

Thank you doo much. You saved me from being forced to either return EG4 or replace SolArk which I wouldn’t have done. It’s so weird my inspector is trying so hard to force me into something piece by piece. This nightmare started 2nd week of February.

I'm looking into this! Please stand by and I'll see what we can do.

By the way, you don't need the 18k inverter to use the shunt trip. Two pins of the communication cable are what triggers it - I'm not sure if they need voltage applied on these pins or just connected off the top of my head. I recall pin 3 & 8. That said, since Pytes is UL9540 with Sol-Ark that would be the better choice for this application, because the AHJ could require UL9540 in the future.

Back