diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL v3 and SolArk 15k

I'm looking into this! Please stand by and I'll see what we can do.

By the way, you don't need the 18k inverter to use the shunt trip. Two pins of the communication cable are what triggers it - I'm not sure if they need voltage applied on these pins or just connected off the top of my head. I recall pin 3 & 8. That said, since Pytes is UL9540 with Sol-Ark that would be the better choice for this application, because the AHJ could require UL9540 in the future.
Thank you so much all I need is the shutdown part for pytes and I am gonna order 16 and figure out which stack or cabinet I need for inside my garage. I’m ready to order today.

Thank you again. This place is always been the place where I can find answers that are real. I appreciate everybody that participates here. I would’ve given up long time ago without this place.

Any idea how EG4-LL-S battery work closed loop with SolArk 15k. I am about to order.
For this, you would utilize CAN communication and set the LL-S to the SOLARK protocol. However, as mentioned in thread they are not listed as UL9540 compliant when mixed with the SolArk 15k.

I'm running Sol-Ark 15K with Pytes Ebox 41000R in CA. Batteries with inverter UL9540a and batteries are UL listed and the enclosures themselves for the batteries are also UL9540 listed for fire safety. All purchased in CA. I simply daisey chained the battery communication cables and then plugged designated master battery into the Sol-Ark can port, then activated the lithium battery settings and the communication between the batteries and inverter was automatic for charging and discharging. You do need to set the AH capacity of your battery bank as well as maximum charge and discharge currents. sol-Ark also advises to input the correct manual battery settings for charging and discharging in case the CANBUS communication fails for some reason.

I'm running Sol-Ark 15K with Pytes Ebox 41000R in CA. Batteries with inverter UL9540a and batteries are UL listed and the enclosures themselves for the batteries are also UL9540 listed for fire safety. All purchased in CA. I simply daisey chained the battery communication cables and then plugged designated master battery into the Sol-Ark can port, then activated the lithium battery settings and the communication between the batteries and inverter was automatic for charging and discharging. You do need to set the AH capacity of your battery bank as well as maximum charge and discharge currents. sol-Ark also advises to input the correct manual battery settings for charging and discharging in case the CANBUS communication fails for some reason.
Thanks, I will probably go with the V5 or the R version, just waiting for my super insane battle of wits with my inspector for 3 months so far. if he blesses the ESS Rapid shutdown which will also shutdown the DC bus then i will let Solark pick which flavor, I do like the V5 wifi dongle but I like the cabinet options on the ebox better *sigh* nothing is ever perfect

Back