diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER UP5000-HM8042 Solar priority input "HOV" ERROR

ventura

Hi friendly people of the forum,

Here is my situation. I have the mentioned inverter. I am trying to set a new setup for it. I have Inverter priority as output. I have been using it with Solar Only input, meaning, the battery will only be charged by the PV.

I want to change the settings to Solar Priority meaning that once my battery is drained to AON (Auxiliary module on), the inverter goes into bypass, with utility supplying the load while also charging the batter. There are two related settings MCC (Max charging current) and MUC (Max utility charging current) MCC is set to 50A in my case. The MUC default is 60A minimum is 2A. I tried to set it to the minimum (2A) so the utility only charges the battery with the minimum current, until solar is back and charges the battery properly along with utility until AOF (Auxiliary module OFF).

This way I can still utilize my system In case the utility goes down as I have the battery LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) that is set to a lover value than AON.
I hope I could paint a good picture of what I am trying to achieve and the variables I'm using.

The issue arises when at nigh the system reaches AON. If my load is relatively high. the inverter throws a HOV (Hardware over voltage) error and faults out, not supplying load from either the utility either from battery. If this happens I need to restart the inverter (most likely in the middle of the night).

What is this HOV (Hardware Over Voltage) error? (There is nothing about it in the manual or online)
Is it related to my MCC value? (My suspicion is if I raise this to a higher value than my load, than the issue doesn't happen)
In case it is related, shouldn't the error be Hardware UNDER voltage instead of Hardware Over Voltage?

Any other thought suggestions observations are welcomed.

I am also attaching the related bits here from the manual that I was basing my settings on:

Manual link: https://www.epever.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/UPower-Hi-Manual-EN-V2.2.pdf

Untitled.png
1676193527245.png

To be more precise, I would only like to drip charge (trickle charge) my 48V battery from the utility with 2A... so no more than ~100W. That should be possible with this setting right?

I cant seem to get a lower charge rate than 550W from the utility. ~10-12A

I have the same issue with the same model number UP5000-hm8042 i just opened a ticket with their support team hoping to get some answers...
plus i have problem with the application!! it doesnt count the Daily, Monthly and Annually generated power!!!
i used to have a low budget inverter SAKO that seems to work better than this double priced inverter.
Very Disappointed from EPEVER. Think twice before buying this inverter!!!

Back