diy solar

diy solar

Forum Bingo

What do I win?! I usually wade through the newcomers section and try to reply to threads that have been ignored.

What do I win?! I usually wade through the newcomers section and try to reply to threads that have been ignored.
Well, I'm not sure yet. I haven't thought out the contest/tournament rules. So far the leaderboard looks sparse at:

PlayerScore
Supervstech1
New Mexico Will1
All other members0

One rule should be that it has to happen organically. You can't just post "Hi there!" in every sub-forum in a category. That's just cheating.

NMW is bumping old newcomer posts to get ahead on bingo today!

Attachments

• 14DD9D98-BF15-4D4F-8100-972C38E62D42.png
    14DD9D98-BF15-4D4F-8100-972C38E62D42.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 12
You ever seen a live Bingo room? Those are more competitive than the octagon! I make no apologies and I take no prisoners! Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing! Bingo!

Huh What ? BINGO ?? Gee wiz, I got no dabber !
I have weird hours which do not coincide with the majority it seems (posting at 3am EST for example) so I get to answer some things before the masses flood the site. Gosh it's grown so fast, it was peaceful & productive not long ago but now it's seeming to get over loaded with posts, so many asking the same questions. Rule of Three says that if a question is asked more than three times, the answer should be documented and posted as a sticky. This was applied to several Highly Technical forums (Software an other) where I contribute and it resulted in much better propagation of good info made easy for everyone, admins and end readers collectively. Quite a TIME SAVER TOO !

Huh What ? BINGO ?? Gee wiz, I got no dabber !
I have weird hours which do not coincide with the majority it seems (posting at 3am EST for example) so I get to answer some things before the masses flood the site. Gosh it's grown so fast, it was peaceful & productive not long ago but now it's seeming to get over loaded with posts, so many asking the same questions. Rule of Three says that if a question is asked more than three times, the answer should be documented and posted as a sticky. This was applied to several Highly Technical forums (Software an other) where I contribute and it resulted in much better propagation of good info made easy for everyone, admins and end readers collectively. Quite a TIME SAVER TOO !

Totally agree -- if you just go into the BMS section you will literally see the SAME question asked over and over a dozen times -- in fact allot of the respondents are simply cut/paste previous answers from the exact same earlier question.

I think that each section should literally have a FAQ pinned to the front of the section ...

Another Typical question I see asked over and over --Who has the best deal on Batteries?? There should be a header for BEST CURRENT LIFEPO4 BATTERY DEAL that we just keep a running stream of answers on ...

And lastly - Maybe a section for ppl to put down manufacturers and companies that they have got things from that they trust - along with the companies website and emails?? That would allow Will to contact those companies that ppl seem to be going to allot and see if he can set up some Business-2-Business with them and have folks go through his website instead with a discount code.

We need to get these last two posts over to Complaint Corner (I wish that wasn't so negative sounding) or some new Helpful Suggestion Land sub-forum. They are excellent suggestions but I'm concerned they'll be ignored/buried here in the Humor section.

There is a Vendor Sub-Forum that various vendors could put their info / offerings into.
I like the idea of a "Know Good Vendors" for various products listing BUT there are caveats too that.
Best Battery / Cell deal list woudl be okay but would have a short shelf life as deals change constantly... too fast moving IMO. But with regards to Good Vendors who are reliable & dependable that might be okay. We have all found ones that aren't !

* I would be even fine if there was a list of suppliers that offered tested "Grade B" cells. OH MY, YOU SAY ! but reality is, most B'Cells are fine but just outside of the "hard spec" or they may have physical blemishes but if tested & matched there would be no problems. Same applies to Used Cell / Battery vendors, just because it has been previously enjoyed, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them and many people have to live with small budgets and can't afford new, fresh & shiny bits. Not everyone has piles of cash laying around.

I started writing & posting to BBS' (Bulletin Board Services) {pre-public-internet), back in the late 80's and learned much from the days starting with BBS' & FidoNet so I am somewhat grounded as to how thing can and cannot work well to help not only the viewer but the administrators too. But no one asks or think they know better than decades of experience.... I posted some suggestions to will on his new video that he is working on Thread Here and HEY no one give me shyte for using In-Line Links EH !

Forum is a victim of its own success. The type of video's Will posts, gives a little confidence to folks like me, that starts of not having a clue and begins to think that just maybe they can actually do this. Thus there are gazillions of questions to get answered in a myriad of ways. Certainly FAQ's on certain subjects could be beneficial, but often, it is simply a bit of positive reassurance that they havent overlooked something, that is required.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT CONTRIBUTE THEIR TIME AND EXPERIENCE, from this newbie. :)

Back