diy solar

diy solar

I Want to Know Why...?

Santa

I want to know why my comments are being censored and changed when I said nothing wrong, and NEVER gave permission to change my words. I want to know why you changed a "cuss word" in my PRIVATE chat to some other word repeatedly. I want to know why there are mods that seem to have nothing better to do than bother and change people's words and threaten them with points. I want to know why free-flowing speech isn't flowing any more. I want to know if and who is reading our private chats.

Last edited:
You will notice that all complaints are removed . They do as they please . The purpose of this forum is to sell product and woe betide anyone who disagrees with them . Then again they are paying for it so they can do as they please No?
Free speech is only free when you type it . If someone on the receiving side does not like it ...poof.

This forum does NOT sell products !
We are all individuals who support anyone wanting to use solar, diy it or get to understand it before having It done.
Politics, Religion and such are TOXIC, this has been known since the early days of BBS' & FidoNet.
Free Speech does not mean you can say whatever however without considerations…. Think about the abusive crud being tossed at Greta Thunberg !
Being reasonable, respectable and having a modicum of Social Graces goes a long way.
Little things that people never do these days. say sorry, excuse me, please & thank you )especially when you get FREE HELP !

Feel free to play on other websites if this place does not suit you.

This is a privately owned and supported forum, owned by and paid for by Will. There are no sales or advertising allowed unless they are kept to the corporate sub forum.

Being private, the owner has full rights to allow, or disallow, change or remove ANYTHING. Will has opened the forum up to allow others to share in their experiences and learn. There is NO profit, no sales, no nuthing. If you do not agree with his forum rules, there are other sandboxes to play in. Feel free to find them.

This is a privately owned and supported forum, owned by and paid for by Will. There are no sales or advertising allowed unless they are kept to the corporate sub forum.

Being private, the owner has full rights to allow, or disallow, change or remove ANYTHING. Will has opened the forum up to allow others to share in their experiences and learn. There is NO profit, no sales, no nuthing. If you do not agree with his forum rules, there are other sandboxes to play in. Feel free to find them.
But those TOS say nothing about changing peoples words, without telling them and mis-representing my original thought, etc.

Last edited:
I like Will. To my knowledge, he hasn't done anything wrong and may not be fully aware of what some mods do. To the extent he profits, he has been very open and honest about it, both in his videos and on this forum.

I believe the primary concern of Santa is the demonstrated willingness of a mod to alter her words in her public post without any public trace-ability that she did not say those words. Would changing the words of a person's post without a clear public indication of the aleration count as libel under US law, or does acting as a deputy of the owner of a privately owned forum trump civil law in the USA in pubic discourse? If you can't see the moral implications of her primary concern, at least consider the legal ones.

Last edited:
Some forum software can be configured to filter or substitute swear words. I don't know about this forum specifically, but I saw that in forum software I installed years ago.

Odd indeed.

I dont think I can access any private conversations...
Maybe if they were reported I could see the report.

Does it say who changed the post? Usually when a post is edited, a note says why or who edited it.
Can you report the posts that were edited? That way there is a trail all mods can see.

I've never had something changed or removed without getting an explanation as to why. If that has not happened, that needs to be addressed by the mods.

PMs (private conversations) should be private, and the mods should not be reviewing them unless a complaint has been lodged. Again, if this is not the case, there needs to be a change in policy.

But "free speech" doesn't apply here because it's a privately owned forum.

Part of what Santa is referring to is automatic substitution. But, she also had a case where she believes a mod/admin changed the words of her public post later on. That was not automatic, but pure human intervention.

I suppose that' could be true, but Will uses cuss words in his videos...just saying.

You will notice that all complaints are removed . They do as they please . The purpose of this forum is to sell product and woe betide anyone who disagrees with them . Then again they are paying for it so they can do as they please No?
Free speech is only free when you type it . If someone on the receiving side does not like it ...poof.
I am one of the moderators on this forum
We mods remove topics that were sidetracking a thread, we can edit or delete rule breaking content from any post...

But we should ALWAYS notify the member of the edit, and a conversation message or warning should be issued. So the poster knows what isnt tolerated on the forum.

Believes. If it were me, I'd have the facts before openly posting in a forum.
I agree. However, I have no proof other than her testimony as she has no ability to prove it after the fact based solely on what's available publicly. This is why cases begin with a discovery process. The lack of material proof prior to discovery does not mean her testimony is untrue.

Believes. If it were me, I'd have the facts before openly posting in a forum.
I dont see a problem with it. If something about the forum needs addressing, I for one want to see it.
This might be better topic for the complaints forum, but it's fine here too.

But ALWAYS report any posts any member has an issue with.
That way there is a trail.

I dont see a problem with it. If something about the forum needs addressing, I for one want to see it.
This might be better topic for the complaints forum, but it's fine here too.

But ALWAYS report any posts any member has an issue with.
That way there is a trail.
Reporting everything just has turned out to have backwards repercussions for me. My comment will be modified to the mods liking, even though there was NO offensive material in MY comment, but the person who was highly offensive's post stayed in tact. Go figure...

Well, that's where you and I are different, and why I turned Will down to be a mod. If she wants to make accusations in an open forum without having the facts, and you're ok with that..... so be it.

Ultimately someone posting unsupported accusations only damages their own reputation.

Despite what it says to the left, not a moderator any more so believe or disbelieve as you like and don't give my words any particular weight.

First off, this is an amazing forum full of people that like to help others. Rather than put it down, it should be celebrated.

Kudos to @Steve_S for being the first to state the truth and take a stand to remind people that if they don't like how things are done they have the liberty to depart. You rock! Also kudos to those that followed up with similar statements despite the attack on Steve; great to see some folks not only understand what the forum is about but are willing to step up in the face of adversity.

AFAIK, no one can see private messages unless they're participants or it's reported. That moderators would bother reading/editing anyone's private messages is amusing; there was a lot less volume when I was a moderator and even then it was hard/impossible just to keep up with the public posts! My money is on some automated system. Personally I'm all for such a mod, no one needs to be subjected to foul language (even in PMs) and again it's something to celebrate IMHO.

And of course, Kudos to those Moderator's fighting the good fight! Nice to see the post that attacked another member (a clear violation of the rules) deleted. It's easy for folks to complain about moderators, but it's a tough job and of course different moderators will see things in different perspectives. The one thing all the moderator's have is a love for the topic and the forum. In a thread that's about censorship it's particularly difficult because they do want to understand why some member's are unhappy - but at the same time they can't let discussion degenerate to where they break the rules.

Back