diy solar

diy solar

My wife hates extension cords please help

Wow, this guy gets it. In fact, you won't make her happy no matter what you do. Get rid of the extension cords and the solar generator, and next she will be irritated by the mole under your ear and you'll need to get that removed.
Ask me how I know.
I've dated women like this.
Been there, done that.
She finally convinced me to remove a small (benign) sist, from my head.
Now, my hard hat falls off every time I bend over.
(She's no longer in the picture)

you have a recliner in your master bedroom? Me thinks the problem lies in the fact that you are not using the bedroom for the correct purposes... move the recliner, get a larger bed and get to work there young man! she will not notice the cords if you apply yourself properly ;) (joke)
Oh come on now...

We ALL know she spends more time in the bedroom than we men ever will...

And if ANYTHING in there isn't to her fancy, it soon will be.

Best to move projects like this to the garage.

In my opinion, a loads panel tied to the breaker box with only certain circuits run to it, and plugged into the inverter is best.

Oh come on now...

We ALL know she spends more time in the bedroom than we men ever will...

And if ANYTHING in there isn't to her fancy, it soon will be.

Best to move projects like this to the garage.

In my opinion, a loads panel tied to the breaker box with only certain circuits run to it, and plugged into the inverter is best.

And I would bet her toys have more power than big daddy's do.

Thank you all for the informative replies….and the humor.
The Eco Flow Delta Pro (as y’all know) isn’t Texas weatherproof or it would be outside then to Romex.

It is just one 10AWG extension cord to a surge protector power strip…and I run an air purifier off the Ecoflow next to the recliner.

My sugar and spice and everything nice better half has verbally consented to AC flange to 12/2 Romex to GFCI outlets in the bedroom option.

I do already have six solar panels in a series running through the attic space above the garage in metal conduit to an EG4 hybrid minisplit…so I can do similar with this relocating Ecoflow to the garage, then to loads panel tied to breaker with certain circuits tied to it running off inverter.

Yes, the garage could use some reorganization while I’m at it.

Peace, love, and laughter to you all.

Thank you all for the informative replies….and the humor.
The Eco Flow Delta Pro (as y’all know) isn’t Texas weatherproof or it would be outside then to Romex.

It is just one 10AWG extension cord to a surge protector power strip…and I run an air purifier off the Ecoflow next to the recliner.

My sugar and spice and everything nice better half has verbally consented to AC flange to 12/2 Romex to GFCI outlets in the bedroom option.

I do already have six solar panels in a series running through the attic space above the garage in metal conduit to an EG4 hybrid minisplit…so I can do similar with this relocating Ecoflow to the garage, then to loads panel tied to breaker with certain circuits tied to it running off inverter.

Yes, the garage could use some reorganization while I’m at it.

Peace, love, and laughter to you all.
I think you put up with all the needless BS nicely. I dont think it should have all have been said tho!
Happy wife, happy knife they say

With net metering now a significantly less attractive option in Texas, I thought this would be an easy way to power most of one room (the plug in electrical devices) without tying in and/or being busted by a smart meter….and also take the Ecoflow on my adventures.

I have two Ecoflows; and the larger 100lb one would be best for running a stand alone work shop or camper. I use the smaller one in my truck all the time for my fishing trips.

In hind site…and it’s my next project…one of those hoymiles four panel parallel microinverters to grid tie to cover house idle consumption might have been smarter…but you lose the flexibility/adaptability and portability of the Ecoflow unit.

Thinking about sleeping with dangerous things reminds me of a few dates I had when I was younger. I would not be especially worried about the having the power box in the bedroom. Many of us have campers or boats where much more hazardous things are just a few inches away.
Having lived on Boats and RVs much of my life , your correct… on my 42 ft aft cabin ( bedroom) sail boat, I used to lay in bed sometimes and consider how many things were within a ft or two that could fail and take you out quickly…
A bunch of FLA batts charging and gassing all the time …Propane tanks behind the wall in lockers
( yes vented, but…) .or a propane leak from an appliance … Electrical wires you couldn’t see , 100 gallons of diesel under the bed below the cabin sole, the gen set-or engine leaking fuel , weak voltage shorepower supplied from old docks, large boats or a barge ramming you at 3 am with a drunk captain, …lightning hitting the mast…a thru hull or hose clamp failure …salt air and corrosion on wires and a FIRE….
I won’t bring up the RV as they are of much poorer quality than a good boat…

I wouldn’t be really too worried about a few lifepo4 batts near the bed..

But, sh** does happen……😳

J.

The easiest HOA approved location for me to install .....
You might want to make sure the HOA is following Texas Property code section 202.010 in how they are resricting you.

In replying to another thread I found a website that list the laws for each state's solar install rights. Many states have laws that prohibit restricting solar access and even in neighbors blocking the sun to existing solar on your property! https://palmetto.com/learning-center/blog/solar-access-laws-by-state

Thanks Soggy. I will burst into the next HOA meeting painted up like William Wallace and demand our freedom.
Well, to be more accurate, you'd first need to ask permission from your wife, and I really don't see her being okay with you impersonating any 3rd parties or painting your body or face, so, well, so much for that idea. 🧐 But I guess after she says no tho you can post to the forum here asking for advice how to convince her to accept your idea. (y)

Back