diy solar

diy solar

My wife hates extension cords please help

Woah!

Good Sir, you are right. My wife has magical diplomacy, covert operations, and delegation skills that very few possess.

My wife loves me and will support me in this endeavor while working behind the scenes like the Wizard of Oz. She will have the HOA allowing me to install extra panels on my neighbor’s roof in no time.

Well, it looks like Ecoflow is now offering a solution for AC supply to house in conjunction with their Ecoflow units with an Ecoflow Microinverter that connects to the different Delta models. Then you can plug into any AC outlet (I will guess ideally a 20amp circuit dedicated to the outlet you plug into) and the Ecoflow Microinverter shuts down the AC feed if the grid goes down and then transfers to battery usage from the Ecoflow.

You can then purchase Ecoflow smart plugs that will communicate to inform the system when the fridge/freezer cycles on etc

IMG_6491.jpeg

^^^Looks to be UK only for now?

This seems like an elegant solution (no extension cords)

It gets to 110 degrees in the shade outside in Texas and 120 degrees in Texas summer garages…electronics don’t like that.

Last edited:
... and the Ecoflow Microinverter shuts down the AC feed if the grid goes down and then transfers to battery usage from the Ecoflow.

I thought you meant backfeed house wiring from battery when grid was down (would have required communication with a disconnect switch at the meter), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So I guess only downstream loads plugged into the battery inverter get backup.

I thought you meant backfeed house wiring from battery when grid was down (would have required communication with a disconnect switch at the meter), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It is back feeding the house, will shutdown if grid goes down. At that point can power the loads with the Delta unit.

Downstream loads, or backfeed the house through a suicide cord?

Somebody offered that before:

Nice- Malwarebytes blocks most of the page linked

^^^^
Agree, wish they would have that Ecoflow PowerStream available in the USA (I do see you can order one off ebay and Ali world)

PowerStream_in_action.gif

that sure seems like a backfeed through a suicide cord - I don't think it would pass muster here in the US. I did look on the website and it seems to indicate if power was on it was feeding other things through syncing power with the grid and is a suicide cord. But if grid power was out it had to be wheeled around to wherever and things plugged into its built in outlets.

And maybe it isn't as suicide as I think. Most EU countries the outlets have switches next to them to turn the outlet on/off. And it does detect the presence of AC power before it sends power out. So technically you plug the cord in and turn the outlet on, then it syncs and backfeeds power unless the grid is down.

Yes, the micro inverter shuts off feed to the grid tied house when the grid is down….and only charges the battery when the grid is down.

The battery (Ecoflo) will then only feed dedicated outlets with the “Ecoflow smart plugs”….or dedicated Romex runs….or isolated circuits with a switch or panel…or with the wife disapproved extension cord…at least that’s the way I’m seeing it.

Haha!! No it’s not the intention for this to be an advertisement….I despise those.

I sort of stumbled into the Powerstream UK/EU solution and I’m intrigued.

There is another UK/EU Powerstream thread here with good info

If there are any other solutions please let me know.

Y’all keep being helpful and entertaining.

Peace, love, laughter.

Post in another DIYsolarforum thread 'Ecoflow Powerstream'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/ecoflow-powerstream.63849/post-877377

Back