diy solar

diy solar

What’s wrong with my panel?

Wandererrr

I have an Eco Flow Delta 1300 solar generator and a Renogy 100w portable solar panel. The generator will charge fine in a wall outlet and okay in a car port, but when I have it running off of the panel, the input usually switches between 0 and 1, being 0 most of the time. When it’s in like perfect sunlight it switches between like 0, 1, 10, 24, back to 0, or something like that. In the same order each time.

I have an Eco Flow Delta 1300 solar generator and a Renogy 100w portable solar panel. The generator will charge fine in a wall outlet and okay in a car port, but when I have it running off of the panel, the input usually switches between 0 and 1, being 0 most of the time. When it’s in like perfect sunlight it switches between like 0, 1, 10, 24, back to 0, or something like that. In the same order each time.
Maximum voltage is 60, but you may not have enough to get it charging with just a 100 watt panel. I never tried 100 watts on my 1300. I usually hook up 400 watts. Even then i only get about 250-300 watts input charging.

Maximum voltage is 60, but you may not have enough to get it charging with just a 100 watt panel. I never tried 100 watts on my 1300. I usually hook up 400 watts. Even then i only get about 250-300 watts input charging.
And, even with 800W nominal, on overcasted cloudy days, my grid tie converter does not even start.

Just for kicks I hooked up one of my 200 watt panels to my Bluetti AC200P and it wasn't enough to start it charging. Two panels in series did start it. Most need about 25 volts just to kick start the charging. Your 100 watt panel is probably dropping below 18-20 volts once you hook it up. If you hook two 100 watt panels in series it will probably charge.

This happens so frequently that I'm honestly surprised these companys haven't created a new standard (Not that they are the highest use case for solar panels by any margin) or something to make this type of thing happen less often.

Even some of the OFFICIAL package deals that I see these companies selling come with really bad solar panels pairings.
So it's likely out of the engineering group even people within those companies aren't even aware what it takes to properly charge their own units.

Reactions: Bop
Back