diy solar

diy solar

Protran Transfer Switch with EcoFlow Delta Pro

Graphene

Very newbie question. Bought small house with this Protran Transfer Switch. 30 amp generator input - 7500Watts max. They have the two center 20amp circuits tied to give 240V to the well pump.
Question... Can I hook a single Delta Pro 3600 to the 30amp outlet and get the well pump to run or must I get two Delta Pro's and the combo box to give this transfer switch 240V? I only need the ability to get the well pump on in an emergency, nothing else. Hoping a single Delta Pro can do it?Protran transfer switch.jpg

Short of your well pump being able to operate on 120v (unlikely), you'd need another delta pro and supply 240v.

An alternative might be to store extra water in 275 gallon IBC totes or something for emergencies, depending on your area/situation/goals.

You have to feed in 240v to get 240v out. The MTS is similar to a sub-panel in that it has 2 x 120v bus-bars that feed alternating breakers. The box has 1 pair mechanically joined and this would be a good candidate to hook to the 240v (pair) of breakers in the main panel for a 240v pump.

Back