diy solar

diy solar

Use EG4-18KPV like delta pro

GBS

Can I use the output from a EG4-18KPV-12LV and EG4 PowerPro wall mount battery for a NEMA 14-50R outlet? I want to back feed to my 200amp panel with an interlock.

Also, can I use a NEMA 14-30 outlet for the AC input to help charge batteries from my gas generator.

I know the EG4 can connect to the grid but I don’t want that feature. I’m basically trying to duplicate an ecoflow delta pro.

Thanks

You can put 50 amp breaker and a 14-50 outlet on the inverter output to hook to an existing interlocked input with the appropriate cable and inlet. Also you can put a 30 amp inlet wired to the gen input on the 18kpv and using a appropriate cable plug in a portable generator. For a permanent install hard wiring the output to the interlocked breaker would be preferred.

Thanks pvgirl - I have a few additional questions.

The EG4-18KPV-12LV can surge to 15500. Is that surge rating for 120 or 240V? Even at 240V that's > 60A. If I used a 50A breaker wouldn't that trip anytime I went over 12KW? One reseller suggested a 60A breaker, but that didn't sound right with a 14-50 outlet and 50A extension cord.

Thanks

Back