diy solar

diy solar

Victron Quattro vs Schneider Electric Conext XW+ 6848 PRO

ssean

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to decide between a Victron or Schneider Electric inverter.

Does anyone have experience with either of these inverters?

Is the Victron worth the $900 premium over the Schneider.

Thanks in advance.

Victron Quattro 10,000W - $3895.00

Cont. output power at 25°C 8000 W
Cont. output power at 40°C 6500 W

Schneider Electric - $2995.00

Cont. output power at 25°C 6800 W
Cont. output power at 40°C 6000 W

Links to product below:

I would go with the Schneider since you can do split phase and it has many features that Quattro doesn't have.

Features like Time of Use and Solar priorities...etc. The Victron you would need more hardware to do the same thing, transformers to get to 240v. etc.

Just those few things comes in mind. Save the extra $900 and spend it on the Combox and Control Panel, DC panels from Schneider and you will still come out ahead.

I work at altE Store. Which one is is best for you depends on what features you need. What is your application?

If it helps you decide, the Schneider XW is 6% off this week.

Thanks for the quick response. One of the things I like about the Victron equipment is the user interface. I'm not sure if that justifies the increased cost.

I live in Puerto Rico, where we have very expensive electric rates, and a very unreliable grid.

This will be for a whole house system, off grid.

If you are not planning on selling back to the grid, what about the Schneider SW instead? For half the price, would 4kW be enough for you? Or do you want to keep the option of being able to sell back with the XW? We've got a warehouse in PR with both the XW and SW. Look in the "PRODUCTOS SOLARES EN PUERTO RICO" section. (Moderators, I'm giving him details because he linked to our site, I want him to look at the ones with free pickup, rather than him paying for shipping to PR.)

I was looking at the larger inverter, because we have two apartments on the property, so I want to make sure it's sized appropriately.

I was looking at the larger inverter, because we have two apartments on the property, so I want to make sure it's sized appropriately.
Victron, you can use Raspberry pi to install their open source control panel and it will work if you want to save a few bucks.

Best to let @SolarQueen guide you since they have a warehouse in PR post Maria. I have emailed them in the past with questions on the products.

It comes down to need/want and budget where you will be comfortable with it.

Cost isn't so much a factor as ease of use and long term reliability. This is something that we'll depend on daily.

Schneider has a 10 year warranty compared to 5 for the Victron, which is certainly important.

Victron has a nice user interface, which I like, but realistically.. it probably doesn't matter that much once it's all configured.

I'm a little biased as I have been selling the XW for a dozen years, and the Victron for only a few, but I do prefer the XW. It is so flexible, it can be programmed to do whatever you want it to. Their new Gateway gives you remote access for monitoring and programming. Most of our PR customers go with Schneider.

It may make sense for you to stay connected to the grid and do grid tied battery backup instead of off-grid.

I'm a little biased as I have been selling the XW for a dozen years, and the Victron for only a few, but I do prefer the XW. It is so flexible, it can be programmed to do whatever you want it to. Their new Gateway gives you remote access for monitoring and programming. Most of our PR customers go with Schneider.

It may make sense for you to stay connected to the grid and do grid tied battery backup instead of off-grid.

Thank you so much for your help. I will certainly purchase from your PR location to avoid shipping. I almost pulled the trigger on a Schneider system (from you guys) a few weeks ago, but then stumbled across the Victron brand. I'm hoping to hire someone to help me design a system and go from there. I just don't have enough knowledge on the subject myself. I basically just want to do it right the first time.

Back