diy solar

diy solar

Anybody purchased cells from EEL Battery?

barbtalon

I bought 8 BYD 100 AH cells from them on 1/31. As of 2/9, they still haven't shipped. I specifically bought them as they were listed in US stock and able to ship out at a "maximum of 7 days" after ordering.

I've been in touch with Howard via e-mail. He told me their US warehouse is "recalculating their stock" and so it would take longer than normal to ship my cells.

I only discovered this company and trusted them enough to purchase from because Will had posted a link to their EVE cells on his website. However, he has since taken down that link. This concerns me and makes me think this company is not legit. In addition, their website is hard to find and not discoverable via a google search. Here's a link to their website:

Does anybody else have experience with EEL Battery? I'll probably ask for a refund if they don't ship out soon, and I hope they comply.

Personally it wouldn't be my first choise. Did you buy them from their Alibaba store? Or Aliexpress?

Aliexpress is basicly the highest change of getting crap. Seems a lot of sellers use Aliexpress to get rid of their junk.

But any reason you didn't go for Luyan, Basen, Docan, QSO, or similar, where plenty of people have good experiences with?
At this moment of time, Luyuan and Docan seems to be the preferred sellers here on the forums, but with the other ones plenty of people have no issues also with..

Unlike the load of complaints about unknown and Aliexpress sellers...

I bought 8 BYD 100 AH cells from them on 1/31. As of 2/9, they still haven't shipped.
It has been the annual Chinese New Year holiday during the period in question. Business should be getting back to normal starting today, I believe.

Yes, everything is now starting again, but not all factories and shipping forwarders are operational yet. 15-16 feb or so is the data most sellers mention as end of CNY. Expect some delays since the companies have some backlog of orders, not everyone is working yet (or is even returing to the factory at all), so things will be back to normal in a few weeks

I purchased directly from their website, not alibaba or aliexpress. I'm avoiding those websites. I only purchased from EEL because the link on Will's website convinced me that they must be reputable.

I just talked with someone from Solar Supply House over the phone who shed some light on the situation. He said he's been to this warehouse in California and said it is a complete unorganized mess. Makes sense now that they can't find my BYD cells. It doesn't seem to me like this has anything to do with the CNY, especially since this warehouse is in CA.

EEL has at least been pretty responsive the times that I've contacted them, so there's that. Just incompetent logistics, I guess.

Did this ever get resolved?
I tried to purchase batteries - waited - waited - waited - blamed FEDEX at every turn. Fed EX shows a tracking # that is only the shipping label printed. They stopped communicating with me. Won't answer my calls - wont answer on the chat.... I cannot say this experience has been good. I don't know yet if I will get my money back.

No they are fine in my experience. I have them back up because they finally updated their affiliate program software. It was down and I kept telling them to update it. They have good cells. I haven't had any issues with them ever.
Based on your video recommendation - I tried. Once I pressured them for not receiving the items I ordered - they completely stopped replying. I called, tried WHATSAPP, tried EMAIL, tried the embedded chat from their website - and nothing. The only thing I can do is hope my CC company will refund based on no communication and no product received.

I even have the printed out order where it was paid and an order # given. Since no one will reply to me, all I can do is go on their website and put in my order #, and it does not show up. They did initially start talking to me, and when I wasn't happy with their explainations - they disappeared, and have yet to offer a refund.

Based on your video recommendation - I tried. Once I pressured them for not receiving the items I ordered - they completely stopped replying. I called, tried WHATSAPP, tried EMAIL, tried the embedded chat from their website - and nothing. The only thing I can do is hope my CC company will refund based on no communication and no product received.
Eel in America or eel from Alibaba?

Eel in America or eel from Alibaba?
I shopped directly from their website. Update - after I submitted a claim through Paypal - I received a very nicely worded email from the manager (Johnny). In fairness I will include it...we will see how it turns out. --- Dear Bo, This is Johnny, I am the manager of eel battery, I feel sorry to make you upset. and I have learned the whole thing from Howard. The package has been delivered to your place, but the careless Courier could not scan the bar code and returned it to our warehouse.
The package has been returned to our warehouse, but the warehouse is rented, so we cannot control the whole progress. We have confirmed that the package has been re-shipped, and we will see the logistics update in the next 12 hours or so.
I am very sorry for the trouble caused by this scanning problem. We have secondary responsibility. I am willing to pay for the shipping cost $60 as our truly apologize.
Johnny

Just saw EEL battery's website has some CATL cells at a decent price. It's for china stock so I know I have to wait for two months.

Anyone have experience with purchasing from their website, not alibaba? @barbtalon what was your experience in terms of shipping?

I shopped directly from their website. Update - after I submitted a claim through Paypal - I received a very nicely worded email from the manager (Johnny). In fairness I will include it...we will see how it turns out. --- Dear Bo, This is Johnny, I am the manager of eel battery, I feel sorry to make you upset. and I have learned the whole thing from Howard. The package has been delivered to your place, but the careless Courier could not scan the bar code and returned it to our warehouse.
The package has been returned to our warehouse, but the warehouse is rented, so we cannot control the whole progress. We have confirmed that the package has been re-shipped, and we will see the logistics update in the next 12 hours or so.
I am very sorry for the trouble caused by this scanning problem. We have secondary responsibility. I am willing to pay for the shipping cost $60 as our truly apologize.
Johnny
Any update here? I ordered one battery case more than week ago and they are yet to ship. I asked Howard and he said they are arranging the shipping. One their product page they said 10-15 days delivered.

I ordered 8 of the 'B' marked Eve 280ah cells from Eel about a month ago, from their US warehouse. They did ship the order pretty quickly (within a day) and since I'm in NorCal and they ship from Los Angeles, I had them from FedEx in a couple days. I ordered a BMS and flexible bus bars too - they shipped from from China, but I got those in about 2 weeks.

The problem I had, is that one of the Eve cell boxes was dropped during shipping, presumably FedEx dropped it. This resulted in one of the cells being damaged, the corner was bent in, and I'm not going to use that cell in my battery for safety reasons. I immediately notified Howard at Eel, and sent pics of the damage. He insisted everything was fine, just use the cell. This battery will be used in an RV and I'll literally be sleeping above it, so I told him there's zero chance I'll be using this damaged cell in my battery, send me a replacement or refund me for that cell. After a lot of arguing, it was obvious they were not going to help me.

I tried filing a FedEx claim, since it was probably their fault, but FedEx requires a waiver from the seller if a buyer files a claim, so that the seller won't file a 2nd claim for damages. So I asked Howard for a waiver, but in response he said he'd file a FedEx claim. After a few days, I emailed Howard for an update on the claim and got no response, so I'm doubtful he ever filed anything with FedEx, and if he did get money from FedEx, it never got credited to me. So this week I filed a claim with Paypal for the amount of 1 cell ($149). After a couple days of no response from Eel regarding the claim, I elevated it with Paypal, so it's currently in review with them. I'm assuming if Eel doesn't respond to the claim, they'll rule in my favor and credit me $149, but we'll see.

The cells that I got from them seem OK. I don't have a way to do capacity testing, but I did build a compression box and have assembled the battery and BMS, with the damaged cell temporarily in place. I'm slowly building out the electrical system for a camper van, but won't get the van until next year so I don't have any inverters or anything to really test it with yet. I ended up ordering 2 more cells from Amy at Luyuan and they are somewhere on a ship right now headed my way. Once I get them I'll replace the damaged cell.

So my experience with Eel is that they are legit, the cells and JK BMS and accessories I ordered where good quality and for me they were shipped promptly. BUT, if you're unlucky like me and there's damage during shipping you're pretty much on your own, so you're rolling the dice here. After my experience, I won't be ordering from them again.

Do not, and repeat DO NOT buy anything from them! They are selling used, bulged Lifepo4 cells and call them "100% Brand New Grade A" cells! I made a mistake recently and bought 8 EVE LF280K cells from their website (I new I shouldn't listen to my coworker about how "good" they are). Only 2 of them were so-so (still not grade A), the rest - used, swollen, utter junk! Stay away. Period.

Last edited:
I wish I would of found this post prior. I just received my order of 8pcs CATL320Ah Grade A LFP battery cells from Howard at eel battery and several are bulged but my question for all of you is that when you order a 320ah and the qr code 001CB31000000BCAN1304823 shows capacity 280ah label says 306ah is this normal? I am testing one now. Also the date is 22/10/2022. I did find this on the their site: These are the latest Chemistry 280AH cells from CATL. The Conservative service life of greater than 10000+ cycles https://eelbattery.myshopify.com/products/3-2v-320ah-grade-a-lifepo4-battery-cells-china-shipping

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-052710_LiFePoQR Battery QR scanner.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324-052710_LiFePoQR Battery QR scanner.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
  • EEL Battery decal.jpg
    EEL Battery decal.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
To me that would indicate 280Ah batteries which are sold as 320Ah. That has been a common practice 'yeah they generally archieve 320Ah so we just sell them as 320'..

In reality, any decent cell reaches slightly over their rated capacity, especially at the first cycles.

I would claim them to refund for at least the difference between 320 and 280. (12%) and otherwise file a claim at the cc company.

Back