diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

I unpacked a couple of the modded cases I ordered. These have the revised universal mounts for BMS' and with the new 4.3" screen (nicer). I ordered the "standard" boxes as I plan on stacking in pairs only so I am using fixed "feet" (sourced myself). In hindsight, I should have gotten the wheeled cases for the bottom. One thing I would have liked to have included would have been 4 "thin Foam Pads" for the cell faces at the back & front of the cases, to go along with the FR4 sheets.

FYI: They do provide "BMS Busbar for the terminal" for the cabling that comes with a crimped lug. BUT the copper ring on the other end of the wire is NOT crimped and they need to be crimped before installation into the DC Breaker (I got the 200A ones to go with the 200A JK-Inverter BMS').

After getting these boxes is there anything you guys would have asked to change with these boxes while ordering? I was planning on getting some 16S boxes plus cells from her with 150A JK Inverter BMS + screen and wondered if there is something you wished would have altered/asked for.
+1
I would like see responses to this as well!

I am planning on getting some of these cases from Amy for 24V with EVE 304Ah cells and the JK BMS.

+1
I would like see responses to this as well!

I am planning on getting some of these cases from Amy for 24V with EVE 304Ah cells and the JK BMS.
I have not assembled any yet but don’t see any issues, getting ready to order another 32 cells and a couple more boxes. Some fasteners were over looked but Amy has taken care of it promptly.

Figure out which front main connectors you want, single or double terminals.
I upgraded the breaker and internal wires and went to single terminals. The cells look and test perfectly.

The only thing I am doing is I am getting some extra breakers, BMS, on/off buttons and screens. Don’t want to wait if I have a failure, I will have eight of the 24v boxes. I also ordered 48’ of their high temp silicone wire not sure for what yet, possibly batteries to buss.

I have not assembled any yet but don’t see any issues, getting ready to order another 32 cells and a couple more boxes. Some fasteners were over looked but Amy has taken care of it promptly.

Figure out which front main connectors you want, single or double terminals.
I upgraded the breaker and internal wires and went to single terminals. The cells look and test perfectly.
So what did you upgrade the breaker to?

Do you recommend single terminals on the front main connectors? Why? Is so you can use one big wire?

I was planning on connecting my batteries in parallel all with homeruns to a Victron Lynx Power In that is tied into a pair of Victron 24v 3000w Multiplus.

I have never used Alibaba or built a battery before. I am both very nervous and excited.

Amy has the option to upgrade to 2ga silicon wire and 200amp breakers, some people parallel their batteries on the front from battery to battery and then to a buss bar or load. This makes balancing the charge/discharge of multiple batteries more difficult.
I am doing what you are with four of the Multiplus 24/3000/120, two banks of four 24v 304ah batteries each four wired to a buss bar and then to a main buss under the inverters.

Amy has the option to upgrade to 2ga silicon wire and 200amp breakers, some people parallel their batteries on the front from battery to battery and then to a buss bar or load. This makes balancing the charge/discharge of multiple batteries more difficult.
I am doing what you are with four of the Multiplus 24/3000/120, two banks of four 24v 304ah batteries each four wired to a buss bar and then to a main buss under the inverters.
Cool! Makes me feel like I am on the right path.
Thanks for sharing.

I
If one were to contact Amy is there an order # or build spec we could reference to help ordering?

Or could I just say I want what S Davis on diysolar ordered for his 8s case?

I

If one were to contact Amy is there an order # or build spec we could reference to help ordering?

Or could I just say I want what S Davis on diysolar ordered for his 8s case?
Yes she could look up my order, as long as you are ok with the standard JK BMS and not the new inverter model.

It’s really easy to deal with Amy, sometimes translating is a little fun. Try and keep things simple, one question at a time. She spent a bunch of time helping get my orders together.

Start a Chat with her, she will help get your order figured out and then generate an invoice if you decide to purchase, that is the only way to get a correct shipping quote anyway.

Cool! Makes me feel like I am on the right path.
Thanks for sharing.
Here is a Guide I wrote up a while ago on building your own battery packs:
Luyuan Tech Basic Lifepo4 Guide V1.0A

Whatever BMS you choose, match the breaker to it, so a 200A BMS should get a 200A Breaker.
The Victron Lynx is an excellent way to put your packs in parallel, and makes for a clean & tidy install.

I ordered my cases came with a Single M8 Terminal as opposed to Dual Terminals to suit my setup which is going to end up as 2 packs in 3 stacks (6 battery packs) and my DC Bus is a bit strange as a result.

I unpacked a couple of the modded cases I ordered. These have the revised universal mounts for BMS' and with the new 4.3" screen (nicer). I ordered the "standard" boxes as I plan on stacking in pairs only so I am using fixed "feet" (sourced myself). In hindsight, I should have gotten the wheeled cases for the bottom. One thing I would have liked to have included would have been 4 "thin Foam Pads" for the cell faces at the back & front of the cases, to go along with the FR4 sheets.

FYI: They do provide "BMS Busbar for the terminal" for the cabling that comes with a crimped lug. BUT the copper ring on the other end of the wire is NOT crimped and they need to be crimped before installation into the DC Breaker (I got the 200A ones to go with the 200A JK-Inverter BMS').
That video shows an untinned copper busbar going from the left pack of the cells to the right side pack. Can you clarify what's included, tinned or untinned connector?

edit: I've asked Amy and she's informing to see if a tinned variant can be delivered.

Last edited:
Whatever BMS you choose, match the breaker to it, so a 200A BMS should get a 200A Breaker.
I am assuming you mean the maximum amperage?
I am ordering a BMS that is 200A continuous and 350A peak so I want a 350A breaker, correct? Or do I get a 300A breaker just to be safe in never overloading the BMS?

I will never ever suggest that anyone count on going over the Continuous Amp rating on a FET Based BMS. I use 200A BMS with 200A Breakers & Fuses. Things are a bit different with BMS that use relays/contactors which are intended for High Amp usages.

That video shows an untinned copper busbar going from the left pack of the cells to the right side pack. Can you clarify what's included, tinned or untinned connector?
For my V3 Cells with dual hole, the crossing busbar bar is 35mm Wide X 120mm long X 2mm thick. Pure copper , unplated but shrink wrapped.

I will never ever suggest that anyone count on going over the Continuous Amp rating on a FET Based BMS. I use 200A BMS with 200A Breakers & Fuses. Things are a bit different with BMS that use relays/contactors which are intended for High Amp usages.
@Steve_S Thanks for the clarification.

This forum is awesome! I don't think I would be comfortable building a battery or the system without all the great help and support from members like you.
Thank you.

For my V3 Cells with dual hole, the crossing busbar bar is 35mm Wide X 120mm long X 2mm thick. Pure copper , unplated but shrink wrapped.
With regards to dissimilar metals, what are you recommending for prevention? Nickel plating or maybe some gel like anti corrosion paste?
My Basen-Green kits didn't come with crossover bars, so I had to make jumpers. Now I'm trusting my crimped connection.
Any of the braided bars I found were bare also.

Back