diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

I live offgrid so I look at my batteries slightly differently. Also because to get grid here would have cost me 75K and solar + battery was a no brainer. In one sense my ROI was instant (Not Paying Big Power Big Bux) but the costs versus what I would have had to pay out monthly is pretty darn close too and that's with my latest upgrade pile coming, it'll be back in that black within the year. Considering no power failures (happens a lot up here) or other issues that come with Grid, all good.
We wired the camp for 120 last year, we were then able to make drip coffee(1200w) vs LP boiled water & French press.

For the years before that the biggest load was 8a for the water pump charging batteries for small power tools.

The wife is excited to be able to use a hair drier next year lol. So it is baby steps.

We wired the camp for 120 last year, we were then able to make drip coffee(1200w) vs LP boiled water & French press.

For the years before that the biggest load was 8a for the water pump charging batteries for small power tools.

The wife is excited to be able to use a hair drier next year lol. So it is baby steps.
Yes, my wife is way more accepting of boondocking in the truck camper being able to use the hair dryer. I installed a new pullout faucet for her too so she wash her hair in the sink if she wants.

I lived in the desert with no toilet, no shower, ate 3 MRE's a day with sand in them, shaved with cold water everyday and did laundry by hand in my helmet for 5 months straight. I can handle adversity when it comes to getting by in the boonies, her not so much.

Jelly!

Again what will your total number of those 24v cases?
I have four boxes and enough cells to fill them with four extra cells in the first order and two boxes for 16 LF280N cells I already have, so four 304ah and two 280ah to start and plan to add another four to six. I am sourcing server racks trying to figure out the best layout.

Just found two U27 server racks for $300.00 should fit four batteries each maybe five if I get creative.

F246F295-ABA5-407E-9BF7-3F02C8DE47A7.png

Just got a update that my first order is scheduled to hit port in California on the 17th, just at six weeks.

Looks like just the box without BMS? Guessing the OG jk BMS will also work, not just the inverter model?
The mounting will be different since the BMS is different and also the wiring. There is also the communication ports board the inverter version has which the old one does not.

The mounting will be different since the BMS is different and also the wiring. There is also the communication ports board the inverter version has which the old one does not.
Thanks, does the sense wire harness remain the same where it plugs into the BMS or did they change that also with the inverter model?

My 48V cases for the old JK BMS finally arrived at Fedex in California. Should be here in a week or so.
It's been a long wait.
My tracking just went live and they are showing a Monday delivery for my 22 boxes.

They have 8S & 16S Boxes and can handle up to 320AH Cells without issues.
I have a pallet of the 24V/8S Cases customized for the New JKBMS Inverter models & large display.
Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers.

View attachment 179167 Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set/kit for 8S 4S2P 24V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set for 16S 48V 51.2V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan also sells Assembled 8S & 16S Packs and can do 304AH Boxes BUT THEY WEIGH A LOT !!!
People always seem to forget that detail and a 16S 280/304AH Pack 88kg/195lbs +/- a bit and many "Racks" will not take that weight...
How do we order like this -"Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers." for 48V/16S ?
Thanks
Scat

How do we order like this -"Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers." for 48V/16S ?
Thanks
Scat
When you are messenging with AMY, just ask her for these mods. If they don't have the case fronts in stock, they can get them done pretty quick (usually). She can customize the cases as wanted and adjust pricing accordingly (rare cases). You can even get the cases in White but that takes a bit more time.

So my 4 16s cases with the JK Inverter BMS were delivered last Sunday. They are white color and have the JK touchscreen. Not a fan of how the screen mounts but it works. The only thing they forgot to add was enough screws to mount the BMS and the communication board. The new JK BMS was able to communicate with my Sunny Island 6048 using the CAN port with Pylontech protocol.

Overall I'm very happy with them. I do wish they start offering a stacking design though. That is the only downside of the of the Luyuan boxes.

So my 4 16s cases with the JK Inverter BMS were delivered last Sunday. They are white color and have the JK touchscreen. Not a fan of how the screen mounts but it works. The only thing they forgot to add was enough screws to mount the BMS and the communication board. The new JK BMS was able to communicate with my Sunny Island 6048 using the CAN port with Pylontech protocol.

Overall I'm very happy with them. I do wish they start offering a stacking design though. That is the only downside of the of the Luyuan boxes.
I found two U27 server racks for $150.00 each that I can fit four of the 8s 24volt boxes in, it would be nice if they had stackable. Amy can probably find you what you want if you talk to her.

Back