diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

How have these not hit amazon yet?
AMAZON - ROFLMAO if they did, add 500% markup...
Yeah there are kits with box, box & BMS but crazy $ on the ZON...
There "may" be local stuff in some Chinese Vendor Warehouses in US & EU but more $$ and other issues.
Luyan does not sell on Zon or Bay.

AMAZON - ROFLMAO if they did, add 500% markup...
Yeah there are kits with box, box & BMS but crazy $ on the ZON...
There "may" be local stuff in some Chinese Vendor Warehouses in US & EU but more $$ and other issues.
Luyan does not sell on Zon or Bay.
I just don't get Alibaba yet. I don't know what to trust and it's really hard to communicate with them. Yes, you absolutely right There would be a huge markup likely

Last edited:
Alibaba is EASY...
Create an account, use your google sign-in, simplest.
goto Luyuan or any other site... select the item you are interested in and open a Chat/Messenger session to get a proper quote including S&H etc. You have all the payment options, from Credit Card to Direct Transfer etc... Funds are held in escrow till shipping, at which time 50% is released, then the balance 50% after delivery time.

NOTE: Every vendor does their own thing. Some are Great while others are totally abusive - like anywhere else actually. We here deal with several vendors and there are Many Known Good & Reliable like LUYUAN and of course we know about some of the others as well...

There is always a huge difference between "Wholesale" to "Standard Vendor" to "Exported Vendors", I myself work with wholesale to full retail - The markups and additions can be ludicrous...

5I just don't get Alibaba yet. I don't know what to trust and it's really hard to communicate with them. Are you absolutely right There would be a huge markup likely
I pay with Paypal. It gives me a higher limit and I get some assurance. And I pay paypal with my credit card which gives me more assurance.
But I pay an extra 2.95%
If you pay straight from the bank you save the 2.95%
I think that would be ok with Amy but I'd be careful with that for paying other sellers on Alibaba.

How have these not hit amazon yet?
A huge amount of the stuff on amazon now is just the same thing you can order directly from aliexpress yourself for a lot cheaper. Ever since Amazon started getting away from stocking and selling products themselves they've gone downhill in my opinion.

my JK 8s 200a BMS was around $75 shipped, vs 120-150 from anyone stateside. Sure shipping to a bit of time but I wasn’t in a rush.

My experience with Alibaba is to log in, message Amy, and she does the rest. Adding Paypal as an option makes it totally painless now, and always a pleasure chatting with her. If only it weren't for those 50 day waits, then another 20 to get to me from the US.

They have 8S & 16S Boxes and can handle up to 320AH Cells without issues.
I have a pallet of the 24V/8S Cases customized for the New JKBMS Inverter models & large display.
Mine are coming with 250A Single Battery terminals (none of that double cable nonsense for me) & 200A DC Breakers.

View attachment 179167 Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set/kit for 8S 4S2P 24V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan DIY Battery Box/Case set for 16S 48V 51.2V 280AH 304AH 320AH Battery Pack with With compression battery/cell device

Luyuan also sells Assembled 8S & 16S Packs and can do 304AH Boxes BUT THEY WEIGH A LOT !!!
People always seem to forget that detail and a 16S 280/304AH Pack 88kg/195lbs +/- a bit and many "Racks" will not take that weight...
Do these come with the sense wire bus/circuit boards like is shown for designs using jbd? To just plug the harness into the jk BMS?

Screenshot_20240123_135022_Chrome.jpg

My custom cases being prepped for shipping on Friday, all going out today. Single M8 Terminals, Modded for JKBMS 4.3" screen etc. New Mounting Panel + a couple of other things now added to the default cases. BTW: 48V/16S Cases now availabel with Wheels too !
AND look below this image... Batt Test Report...

Ahh Here is the report for Matched/Batched Grade-A 16 EVE LF-280K-V3 cells for 2 of these cases.

For Interest: (Available Very Soon)
View attachment 190610
Is this the link to that 16S version of the box?

Also can see why you got the single M8 terminals. I don't care for the those dual terminals that severely restrict width of lug you can put on there. Will you be able to stack lugs on that M8 terminal you are getting?

Is this the link to that 16S version of the box?

Also can see why you got the single M8 terminals. I don't care for the those dual terminals that severely restrict width of lug you can put on there. Will you be able to stack lugs on that M8 terminal you are getting?
That is the 48V/16S case.
Lug Stacking ? My installation will have 2 cases stacked, X3 stacks. They are not designed for that technically but I think it will be fine, if not I can deal with it differently.

That is the 48V/16S case.
Lug Stacking ? My installation will have 2 cases stacked, X3 stacks. They are not designed for that technically but I think it will be fine, if not I can deal with it differently.
I assume those double posts are for paralleling the batteries together. I don't know why most people don't parallel batteries one to the other instead of bringing each battery to a busbar.
One reason is that it will be more difficult to remove one battery if they are paralleled together.

My batteries rarely see higher than 35 amps. My fuses are 125 amp. So, I don't see a problem with the small screws. Though considering that each cell has 2 screws now, having one small screw for the main cable coming off the battery seems a bit wimpy. I didn't specify which I wanted and I will take what I get and be happy with it.

Last edited:
I assume those double posts are for paralleling the batteries together
Doesn't the SOK server rack utilize something like this? Some might find it convenient for attaching the bms wires or other accessories as well.

There are many examples of people using the double screw terminals with cables running from 1 to the next to parallel them. There are even copper busbars that can be run up along the screw line as it were. It all depends on what a person needs/wants and how they want to put it all together. I went with the single M8 Terminals because I can use various options that it provides for my particular setup.

Which method is better ? I dunno, something that could make for an interesting Video to see the different options tested to see what if any differences are noted.

I didn't need the double pole terminals, but they do fit 70mm2 - 2/0 AWG cable lugs.

I use a busbar, and each battery with its own cables of identical length to its own fused disconnect breaker to minimise any chance of a single battery pulling or pushing more than its neighbours.

Same length cables:

IMG_20231209_124459_078.jpg

Busbars and NH fused disconnectors on the right:

IMG_20231221_123801_796.jpg

Still a bit of tidying to do:

IMG_20231222_142556_495.jpg

Battery boxes with individual identical length cable runs to the busbar:

IMG_20231222_145410_812 (1).jpg

Do these come with the sense wire bus/circuit boards like is shown for designs using jbd? To just plug the harness into the jk BMS?

View attachment 190900
Those circuit board balance wires are interesting. But those wires are critical and I'm not sure how well the circuit boards work. I'm not willing to test the circuit boards. But I am anxious to hear how well they work.

I will have six 24v 8s (4-304ah and 2-280ah) going to buss bars so the single terminal makes sense, this is a modular build for a portable power station for work, I am planning a battery module and inverter modul.

I will have six 24v 8s (4-304ah and 2-280ah) going to buss bars so the single terminal makes sense, this is a modular build for a portable power station for work, I am planning a battery module and inverter modul.

Sounds interesting! Please show pictures when you've got it together!

These are the Custom Cases I have coming. 24V/8S.
View attachment 189662
Differences:
- Single M8 Terminals not duals,
- Case modded for JKBMS 4.3" Screen,
- 200A Breaker,
- JKBMS Inverter Editions 200A for all,
- BMS mounting has been modified to support more BMS' with a universal plate to accommodate mounting.

There is also a new case being done for 48V that comes on wheels. Should be available soon.

Also as new 500AH+ cells are becoming available later this year, cases etc need major updates. Simply put, an Eve 560AH cells weighs in at just over 11kg each, 16S weighs in at 176Kg / 388Lbs ! Wall Mounts & Server/Telecom racks will not cope with that. Let alone, who's nuts enough to try & heave those up & in.

UPDATE: EVE LF-560 will not be shipping to Retail until Q4-2024
I do regret that I cut my 40U EMC rack into pieces a couple years ago, that thing was a 300kg steel beast with a weight limit of 1.8 Tons, that would have made a damn nice Battery rack

Thanks to those on this page who have elaborated on the how to for alibaba.
Question, is Alliexpress the same? Is one preferred over another?
The cases are looking great!

Back