diy solar

diy solar

RV Solar, charging and battery upgrade plan

Weird I just checked and ran my AC and dehumidifier off 12v power for about 10 minutes to check. Pulling about 200a total, 100a from each battery through the mrbf 200a fuses and all seem fine. The shunt was actually hotter than the mrbf as was the lynx1000a bar. I am using Amazon bojack mrbf fuses and the bars.
I'm glad you are getting good results with the MRBF. It was helpful to see the Bojack specification since they have a torque specification for the fuse. I could not find that with the Buss documentation.

Well its done. Now to figure out how to work a few of these items.

I scrapped the Renogy charger and got a Orion XS on order and already installed a Smartsolar 100/50, a smartshunt and a Lynx Distributor. Four 250W Richsolar panels on the roof. Here in Salt Lake I did get 4.8kWh of charging yesterday. The panels are mounted flat but it still hit the full 700W max charging out of the Smartsolar controller. I didnt think I would max out the 100/50 that easily but it was only for an hour or so yesterday.

What should I set the charged voltage to in the smartshunt? I read somewhere it should be .1V less than the charge voltage but I cant find any good information.

Back