Wanted Schneider

Urge38

Hi Guys

I am looking for any communication accessories for a Schneider Conext XW

Ie, insight home
SCP (control panel)

anything that communicates with the inverter

thanks

Not to get in the way of your WTB request, but just so you know in case you give up, signature has the best price on the insight home. They don't always show up in a google search for that so it could be easy to miss.

It doesn't ship with a xanbus cable but I used an ethernet cable and it works. Make sure you have the xanbus terminator that came with the XW or if you don't you will need one (I haven't tested if it actually works ok without a terminator, but it says you need one).

Not to get in the way of your WTB request, but just so you know in case you give up, signature has the best price on the insight home. They don't always show up in a google search for that so it could be easy to miss.

It doesn't ship with a xanbus cable but I used an ethernet cable and it works. Make sure you have the xanbus terminator that came with the XW or if you don't you will need one (I haven't tested if it actually works ok without a terminator, but it says you need one).

Thanks, hwy17

in actual fact, I did email them earlier today, not heard back as yet, I was unsure if they would ship to the Uk

and yes, I still have my terminator, good point as I have heard they are not available, nor have they ever been,

Had to find a cable…. Here it is plugged up.

Attachments

• IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 22
SCP is a retired product.

It cannot program the new and advanced features of the XW Pro. It will still program other older products, including older XW's. When I first started on the Schneider path I got the SCP, to use to program my MPPT 60 charge controllers, but found out that the Xanbus will not provide power to the SCP - it needs an inverter on the bus to do that. SO I got the Insight

When I finally got the XW Pro, that is when I found out that the SCP had been end of lifed product and also it does not perform XW Pro advanced feature control.

SCP works with XW+. I suspect, but I don't know, that with an SCP and XW+ alone, you cannot update the firmware for either the SCP or the XW+. Existing firmwares might be fine though, and maybe the SCP has some usb port and firmware update capability I am unaware of.

The SPC offthewall has looks different to all the SPC ive seen

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is for a Different model than My Schneider Conext XW +

SCP works with XW+. I suspect, but I don't know, that with an SCP and XW+ alone, you cannot update the firmware for either the SCP or the XW+. Existing firmwares might be fine though, and maybe the SCP has some usb port and firmware update capability I am unaware of.
Very good point regarding up dating firmware

I have been emailing signature solar daily, but to date, they have not come back to me with a price for delivery to the Uk

MAN ARE THEY hard work to deal with

its like pulling teeth with them

Very good point regarding up dating firmware

I have been emailing signature solar daily, but to date, they have not come back to me with a price for delivery to the Uk

MAN ARE THEY hard work to deal with

its like pulling teeth with them
we do not supply the UK, I am sorry we are an American distribution company focused on North America, I imagine your lack of response is because your request is out of scope

The SPC offthewall has looks different to all the SPC ive seen

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is for a Different model than My Schneider Conext XW +

I bought mine after buying my XW back around 2010 -2011 time frame. It works with my XW and XW+. It does not have a usb port for updates. There is another way to update it but I just bought a Insight so I could keep an eye on things remotely and updates are super easy.

we do not supply the UK, I am sorry we are an American distribution company focused on North America, I imagine your lack of response is because your request is out of scope

I am sorry to say.
Your company is a waist off time

Why keep someone hanging on for a reply.
I had direct emails from your company ONLY wanting my contact phone number. Then no reply after that.

I had a pm on this forum from a staff member then no reply.

I've been waiting since Friday.

If you don't supply the UK (which is up to you) why wave the Carrott for 4 working days

A simply email or pm on here would do the trick

I could then be looking elsewhere rather than waiting for the promised reply to never show

I dont call that friendly behaviour at all

I bought mine after buying my XW back around 2010 -2011 time frame. It works with my XW and XW+. It does not have a usb port for updates. There is another way to update it but I just bought a Insight so I could keep an eye on things remotely and updates are super easy.

I cant help but think ( I could be wrong) that the SPC you have is for the Xantrex inverter.

The Conext XW+ could simply be a name given to certain countries, BUT I AM NOT SURE

I will have to do some digging

SO did you connect this SPC to a specifically named, schneider conext XW+ ???

I am sorry to say.
Your company is a waist off time

Why keep someone hanging on for a reply.
I had direct emails from your company ONLY wanting my contact phone number. Then no reply after that.

I had a pm on this forum from a staff member then no reply.

I've been waiting since Friday.

If you don't supply the UK (which is up to you) why wave the Carrott for 4 working days

A simply email or pm on here would do the trick

I could then be looking elsewhere rather than waiting for the promised reply to never show

I dont call that friendly behaviour at all

Yep , I wasn't very satisfied with the response in the thread either ...

impolite, surly , no apology for not getting back to you ,

Typical lazy millennial customer service, excuses rather than genuine apologies,

useless. I'd be wanted to spend my money elsewhere.

From his for sale ad. The 865-1050-01. Is the same partumber as the SCP I have on my xw+

That is very interesting to note.

The seller's asking price was not a great deal less than a insight home, and the SPC is not firmware updatable.

after MUCH trouble, I have finally managed to find a USA dealer willing to post me a new insight home to me here in the uk.

offthewall I thank you for all your efforts and time, but I have now purchased the insight home. sorry mate.

I was so close to buying your SPC when a dealer finally got back InTouch and said they would deliver to the UK

Listing now CLOSED!!!
NO LONGER REQUIRE

Back