diy solar

diy solar

What size lugs fit on the studs of a EG4 battery and 6 slot battery rack bus bars?

Scat

1. What size lugs fit the studs are on this battery?
EG4-LL Lithium Battery (V2) 48V 100AH Server Rack Battery UL1973

https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-ll-lithium-battery-48v-100ahd

1. What size lugs fit the studs are on this battery rack bus bars?
(Pre-Assembled) EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack | 6 Slot | Wheels Included | Bus Bar Covers

https://signaturesolar.com/-pre-ass...y-rack-6-slot-wheels-included-bus-bar-covers/

If I have 6 of the above batteries in the rack above how many amps of a fuse would I need to connect to this single rack?

And what size amps of fuse for two racks of 6 batteries each connected to a bus bar?

Thanks
Scat

The easiest answer is to measure the bolt and find a lug with a hole that same size. I looked at the spec sheet and the bolt or lug size are not specified so you may want to ask the vendor? As to wire and fuse size, I would size the wire for the most current you expect to pull through those wires. Then, since the fuse is to protect the wire, size the fuse to match the wire size. There are some other threads which have discussed this in detail, including how to connect to the pair of terminals for each of positive and negative.
I have a 42 kWh pack which is capable of putting out 1000 or more Amps of current in short circuit. However my settings in my inverter limit my charge current to 185 Amps and my discharge current to 100 Amps. Therefore I am using 2/0 wire which might be good for 250 Amps and a 250 Amp Class T fuse. The number of batteries has nothing to do with how to size wire and fuses. You have to do the math.

Last edited:
The screws in my EG4 rack bus bars are M8 and M6. (Bought in 2021)

When ordering cables in Imperial units. I ordered 5/16" holes in the lugs for the M8 screws and 1/4" holes in the lugs for the M6 screws.

I also purchased my SS rack in 2021, in that unit ( looks a bit different than yours) the max size Ring Terminal that would fit the battery lugs were 1AWG x 5/16" hole - best to ask for your units I think.

Back