diy solar

diy solar

wzrelb pure sine wave 5000w 24v power inverte

Why is parallel preferred? By whom?

There is nothing wrong with those two batteries in series.

There are 10s of thousands of lifepo4 batteries being used in series. Actually prob millions.

They can be individually balanced occasionally with the standalone charger. It's a non issue.

The 5000w inverter may be overkill but taking a loss on selling it and downgrading to 12v is just more money swirling down the drain and ultimately a backwards step.

Sometimes the simple solution saves time, confusion and money.

It was clear from the beginning the lack of confidence and knowledge from OP which is why they came here.

Sending someone just learning down an entire new path that is no more functional, results in losing money and is less expandable seems foolish to me.

How many threads tell people they have too much inverter?

Almost none. Almost everyone wants more inverter. It could be turned off when not needed.

Another non-issue.

Prob only can do half that rating anyway and still survive a year.

Batteries can be added in parallel later if needed.

Getting wrapped up in returning, downgrading, frustration and changing everything again gets in the way of simply being functional with the fewest steps.

Why is parallel preferred? By whom?

There is nothing wrong with those two batteries in series.

There are 10s of thousands of lifepo4 batteries being used in series. Actually prob millions.

They can be individually balanced occasionally with the standalone charger. It's a non issue.

The 5000w inverter may be overkill but taking a loss on selling it and downgrading to 12v is just more money swirling down the drain and ultimately a backwards step.

Sometimes the simple solution saves time, confusion and money.

It was clear from the beginning the lack of confidence and knowledge from OP which is why they came here.

Sending someone just learning down an entire new path that is no more functional, results in losing money and is less expandable seems foolish to me.

How many threads tell people they have too much inverter?

Almost none. Almost everyone wants more inverter. It could be turned off when not needed.

Another non-issue.

Prob only can do half that rating anyway and still survive a year.

Batteries can be added in parallel later if needed.

Getting wrapped up in returning, downgrading, frustration and changing everything again gets in the way of simply being functional with the fewest steps.
He could go either way, but he has to buy something. Another panel or another inverter.

Not having enough info on those batteries, i really cant recommend series connecting them, some are fine, some aren't. The individual BMS' will be the issue if there is one.
Nobody told him to sell the inverter or sell at a loss, he came up with that all by himself. Personally id save it for a different project.
If you read up the post in the first couple pages, adding a 2nd panel was an option that was recommended to remain 24v.

Just my opinion for what hes doing, 60w bug zapper in a shed, staying 12v would be the simplest solution.

I would not suggest you sell your inverter just yet. If you really want to try the 12 volt thing, you can get a cheap 300 watt 12 volt inverter from Amazon for about $25. That would let you test your bug zapper at least. Then when you are ready to go back to 24 volts, you would still have the 24 volt inverter and you are only out $25.

Spend a few days on youtube watching videos of people putting together solar systems. Google stuff that doesn't quite sink in. Try isolating your components and deal with each one individually to make it easier to comprehend. I would avoid wiring anything directly to your batteries. Use busbars as a middle ground. Get the series vs parallel thing down. It goes for batteries and panels.

But I'm new too. So what do I know...

Hello again all. I just wanted to give you guys an update. I did chance my controller to a larger one, sold the 24v inverter and got a 12v with 1200w. I am happy to say that it now works perfectly. I do wish I would have read more into it before buying anything but I guess that's the price to pay for ignorance. Thank you to all that assisted me on this thread. It's guys like you all that are much appreciated.

Back