diy solar

diy solar

wzrelb pure sine wave 5000w 24v power inverte

Great! Just be sure to properly wire the batteries as parallel (pos 1 to pos 2 and neg 1 to neg 2) . Use a DMM (digital multimeter) to check you have 12vDC coming from them on the pos and neg before connecting the inverter.

Of course they aren't. You have no means of charging a 24V battery. Your single panel absolutely, positively will not charge your 24V battery. Period. I thought you understood this.

Several times we've emphasized how important it is to define your loads/needs in a meaningful way. You response with "do you think this will work?"

Suck it up and buy a kill-a-watt or similar device. Commit to learning from your mistakes and Measure the actual energy you're using. Once you have that information, you can formulate a plan.

You already made multiple beginner mistakes, and you seem hell bent on continuing making them.
If you can't commit ~$20 to that effort. Give up. Sell/return everything you can, or give it away.

Summary of errors (off the top of my head):
  1. Failure to plan before procuring equipment.
  2. Buying an inverter likely 10X larger than needed.
  3. Choosing a 24V inverter where 12V is a better match.
  4. Wiring a charger to a 12V in a 24V system.

WE ARE SIX PAGES INTO THIS EXERCISE, AND YOU'RE STILL ASKING "DO YOU THINK THIS WILL WORK?" The answer is no. It won't. You can't keep making the same mistakes and expect this to resolve.

Cut your losses or commit to do it right. I'm tired of saying the same things to you over and over.

Bye.
Both batteries are 12.5v so I am not sure what you mean which is why I am confused. I have the controller set to 24v because of the 2x batteries being used and not sure if this is correct either.

Great! Just be sure to properly wire the batteries as parallel (pos 1 to pos 2 and neg 1 to neg 2) . Use a DMM (digital multimeter) to check you have 12vDC coming from them on the pos and neg before connecting the inverter.
Its weird because on the inverter diagram it shows to go from the 1st positive to the second negative and as Sunshine showed on the diagram he posted on an earlier post, this is how I have them connected.

Both batteries are 12.5v so I am not sure what you mean which is why I am confused. I have the controller set to 24v because of the 2x batteries being used and not sure if this is correct either.
Your controller cant charge 24v if it doesn't have high enough voltage from the solar panel. It will not boost voltage only regulate it down. Panel voltage needs to be higher. Cant do that with your single panel.

Yes, in 12v Parallel it makes no difference which end.
So I hooked it up as shown and the inverter is kicking into shutdown mode for some unknown reason. I am going to get the 12v inverter and go from there. The controller is giving an overcharging error now that I've switched it to 12v. UGH!!

So I hooked it up as shown and the inverter is kicking into shutdown mode for some unknown reason. I am going to get the 12v inverter and go from there. The controller is giving an overcharging error now that I've switched it to 12v. UGH!!
I am sorry but you should know that after you said you would buy a 12 v inverter and sell the 24v one that instructions for wiring a 12 volt setup would mean you wait until you have the 12v inverter. I am no longer going to provide any advice.

I'm sure a 24v inverter doesn't work with 12v

Why are you trying to run your 24v inverter off 12v?

Thank you guys for all the input and suggestions. All of you have been great and I appreciate all your input. I will get a smaller inverter and go from there. I have posted my other one on eBay at a loss for me just to be able to sell it quickly. Have a great weekend.

Have a great weekend.
You too! Talk to you later.
You need to find a way to understand all of this. Some things that were said give us the impression that either you are not paying attention, confused, or in over your head.

Thank you for being a good sport.

You too! Talk to you later.
You need to find a way to understand all of this. Some things that were said give us the impression that either you are not paying attention, confused, or in over your head.

Thank you for being a good sport.
I definitely was paying attention. I was very confused with some of the terminology and was just not understanding. Thank you for your patience.

In the end the only fix needed was to properly wire in series, change controller to 24v mode and then aquire a second panel so it could properly charge 24v.

I hate to see OP go to 12v and then later, when more experience and wisdom has settled, 12v will seem antiquated and the 24v setup should have just been fixed as it is undoubtedly a superior setup.

In the end the only fix needed was to properly wire in series, change controller to 24v mode and then aquire a second panel so it could properly charge 24v.

I hate to see OP go to 12v and then later, when more experience and wisdom has settled, 12v will seem antiquated and the 24v setup should have just been fixed as it is undoubtedly a superior setup.
Agreed.

Hes got a 5000w inverter, 50ah of battery and a 12v panel. Hes spending money no matter what to get it working.
Most of the components compliment a 12v setup. Series connecting those batteries for 24v is not ideal, parallel for 12v/ 100ah is preferred. The panel wont do 24v but will work as 12v as is. The inverter is way too big for a shed and what he needs it for. He could keep it for later when he wants to build a 24v system, but none of the other components are useful in a 5000w 24v inverter.

Back