diy solar

diy solar

My 44kW vertical and bifacial set in Finland.

Hey! I just came here from another thread where you mentioned you had sealed the backs of the bifacial panels you had cracked. How have they held up? I am planning to do the same: clear sealant and laminate film
Really hard to tell for sure as I don't have panel specific data collection, but that string of panels is comparable to other strings, so I think it's OK.

February was good at first and then sun went away. A little over 2,2MWh produced, 2,7MWh predicted by PVWatts.

Measured shed roof and it seems I can fit 28 panels instead of 26. So 15,4kWp instead 14,3kWp. Luckily my friend has few extra of these same panels.

317kWh today. Fresh snow, but only -5C or so. Around 9 it was already making 40kW and from 10 to 12 it clipped at 48kW.

Deye with 12,01kW + 12,09kW AC coupled. Loads and grid sell doesn't add up because there's two more inverters at play too. Don't know if AC coupling is also restricted to ~12kW, but it stayed there for two hours.
20240318_102846.jpg

20240318_090217.jpg

Bought a Battery Bank Manager System ver2. (BBMS2) today. With it I'll try to connect my 30kWh(C5) lead acid to some of my LFP and operate those together with single Deye. Let see how it goes.

Also LFP prices are low so decided to get 15kWh pack on wheels.

Bought a Battery Bank Manager System ver2. (BBMS2) today. With it I'll try to connect my 30kWh(C5) lead acid to some of my LFP and operate those together with single Deye. Let see how it goes.

Also LFP prices are low so decided to get 15kWh pack on wheels.
Fully pre built from China?

Can you talk prices or still special deals?
I bought some of these for $1800 each:

And a bit cheaper 280Ah ones:

Attachments

• IMG_2440.jpeg
    IMG_2440.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
It seems their 15kW on wheels is 16S (many of those 15kWh batteries seem to be 15S for some reason), but has different BMS than my current rack batteries. Don't want that so ordered 2x10kWh rack batts more. They are actually marginally cheaper per kWh.

Tried yesterday to discharge (0,1-0,2C) my current LFP batteries from 100% down to 5% and got 77,6kWh out of nominally 76.8kWh set according Deye (don't have shunt). Don't know how accurate that is, but I think that's good enough for me.

Made another roundtrip from 5% (~3,05V) to full (~3,5V) and back to 5% with my LFPs and got 82,6kWh in and 80,6kWh out. These batteries should be nominally only 76,8kWh. Got 3 x 5,12kWh wall mounts and 6 x 10,24kWh rack batteries so far.

Reship informed my Battery Bank Management System ver.2 (BBMS2) has left their warehouse, so something like two weeks and it should arrive. Two 10,24kWh rack batteries that I ordered should take much longer to get here though. The plan is to combine my 625Ah(C5) FLA forklift battery with these two rack batteries using BBMS2. Really don't know how it's going to work out, but I worry it later. The plan is to get more charging capacity for that FLA charging Deye as now it uses only about 1/3rd of its full potential. At this time of year it's not a big problem as spot prices are usually high and selling to grid is fine. But in summer prices usually are so low that storing (=self use) is wiser.

Now what is the "correct" way to add more charging power to my system? With two Deye12Ks I can charge only ~26kW (2x240A) at the moment while I have ~100kWh of batt capacity plus I can use two different batt chemistries. Also my "Little blue" genny should be on it's sweet spot around 30-40kW.

Chargeverter(s)? / another Deye?

With about 3,5 Chargeverters I could get another Deye12K. That would mean 17,5kW vs 13kW additional charging capacity, but with Deye I could also get more MPPTs and raise my surge capability from 48kW to 72kW plus have three different battery banks to charge. I think that's a win for another Deye, but it is possible there can be compatibility problems with three Deyes connected parallel without comm cable between them. I already know how good my two Deyes are working together without comms so I'm willing to take my chances with it. The big question is how to charge with my old 1967 50kVA diesel generator? Is the power pure enough, and if not, can Deye purify it (like Chargeverter(s) can?)? From what I've read before only one Deye can be used with generator when they are connected with comms and thus have a common battery bank to charge. That means only ~12kW(?) battery charge from generator is possible no matter how many Deyes there are. But if I don't use comms like my current setup with two Deyes, I could gen charge each with that same power? So with three Deyes I could charge 3x12Kw=36kW using "Little blue"???

Thoughts? Anyone?

Now what is the "correct" way to add more charging power to my system? With two Deye12Ks I can charge only ~26kW (2x240A) at the moment while I have ~100kWh of batt capacity plus I can use two different batt chemistries. Also my "Little blue" genny should be on it's sweet spot around 30-40kW.

With about 3,5 Chargeverters I could get another Deye12K. That would mean 17,5kW vs 13kW additional charging capacity, but with Deye I could also get more MPPTs and raise my surge capability from 48kW to 72kW plus have three different battery banks to charge. I think that's a win for another Deye, but it is possible there can be compatibility problems with three Deyes connected parallel without comm cable between them. I already know how good my two Deyes are working together without comms so I'm willing to take my chances with it. The big question is how to charge with my old 1967 50kVA diesel generator? Is the power pure enough, and if not, can Deye purify it (like Chargeverter(s) can?)? From what I've read before only one Deye can be used with generator when they are connected with comms and thus have a common battery bank to charge. That means only ~12kW(?) battery charge from generator is possible no matter how many Deyes there are. But if I don't use comms like my current setup with two Deyes, I could gen charge each with that same power? So with three Deyes I could charge 3x12Kw=36kW using "Little blue"???

Thoughts? Anyone?
Lots of options...
Power rectifier would be the easiest.
An Emerson R48-3000e3 can be had for $75.
You don't need to use any of the fancy programming features in the thread above, could just buy it for a pre-programmed voltage.
You could also pick a "cheap" AIO like the SRNE HYP, ASP, or HESP and use it for charging only if you wanted to have a additional solar charging power as well.

Thoughts? Anyone?
I'd go for a 3rd deye

Thoughts? Anyone?
How do you have them in parallel without comms cable? So they are each powering different buildings/loads/panels?

Back